Faith, Trust...

I couldn't really find a gif for this chapter, so here's a funny (sorta related) OUAT gif!

Your POV

"Is that...what I think it is?"

He nodded. "It is."

"But that's impossible! How would Captain Hook...and why wouldn't he...but is it real?" My mind was rushing all over the place in excitement.

"He snatched a bit of it from that childish Pan - the fairies didn't miss one little sack anyway. It wasn't enough to fly the ship, so he just held on to it."

"Pixie dust. This has been my dream! I mean, no one in Auradon, let alone the Isle, has ever even seen a speck of it! The fairies are crazy protective of it, no one without wings is allowed to use it."

"I actually wasn't sure if you'd fancy it - I mean, you have a literal magic carpet. This isn't too far off from that."

"No, actual flying must be different - Carpet's just like a car. This is like being one of them, from Pixie Hollow. I guess you've never tried it either, because of the magic ban in the Isle right?"

"Well, like you said, no non-fairies could have any of this dust, so they didn't really factor it into the spell. It did work, but more in a hovering way than a soaring through the clouds way."

"So you've tried it?" I exclaimed.

"Father took us out when we were very young. Harriet and C.J., uh, got a kick out of it. I, um, got scared. Of the height. I began to cry when I was about this high off the ground," He held his hand out to show me. "And pleaded with Father to take it off. My sisters played tag in the air, and I sat in Father's lap while he comforted me. Not one of my bravest moments."

"Aw Harry." I took his hand.

"Father and I were always more of the scaredy-cats of the family, in our own ways. I think his clock thing is worse though. It's one of my favourite memories though, because I remember watching mother flying around with my sisters, looking so graceful. Father didn't even mind staying on the ground with me, he was content with just watching her. He was so in love with her." He smiled. "It was a good day."

"It's sometimes hard to imagine this version of Captain Hook. I like it better. I know some kids on the Isle had it really tough growing up, but I'm glad you at least had a family."

"Yeah, life was perfect when mother was around. Father was happy, C.J. was sweet, Harriet was always around. But life goes on, doesn't it? Enough time spent talking about me, do you want to try this out or not?" He sprinkled some dust on my hair, and I stared in amazement as it floated up. "It hasn't lost its touch."

I hid my excitement for just a moment, to make sure Harry was comfortable with this. I don't want to push him into anything - and if he knew I really wanted to, I know he'd hide his feelings and go along with it. "Are you, um, okay with flying?"

"Don't worry about me - I'm not afraid anymore. I jumped off a clock tower, remember? Since then, I haven't felt as sick on carpet rides, or when looking down from the balcony of my dorm. Usually, it's that sort of trauma that creates fears, in my case, it actually fixed it - for the most part at least." He paused and then thought of something else he had to say. "You know, C.J. and Harriet wouldn't believe it when I told them about that incident! They claimed that I'd die of a heart attack from the scare before I could live to tell the story!"

"Well, considering the pixie dust episode you just told me about, I don't blame them for thinking so." I laughed.

Harry tried his best at looking annoyed, but gave in and broke out into laughter within seconds. "So I'm assuming you know how this works (y/n)."