The Island

Your POV

"Ready to go back yet?"

"Barely," I replied, trying not to sound too out of breath. "We should have probably packed lunch or something so that we don't have to leave so soon."

The sun was at its peak in the sky - although that didn't mean it was actually sunnier -, signifying noon, and lunch-time.

"We could always grab something to eat and then return." He proposed.

"No, that won't work, the docks are too crowded in the middle of the day, someone will see us." I ventured out away from Harry. "Let's just stay here a while longer," I called out.

I hid behind a vast, sweeping, cloud and caught my breath. This is as much exhausting as it is fun.

I screamed as something pulled my waist from behind.

"Did I scare you?" Harry laughed, seeming to find my reaction hilarious.

"Not really," I underplayed it, hoping he couldn't hear the thundering beat of my heart. "How could you even see me?!"

"This cloud isn't as good a hiding spot as you'd think - I could see your figure clear as day from the other end." He stopped laughing, but the expression in his eyes gave away his amusement. "And then it was a matter of getting through the fog, to you."

I brushed the cloud wisps entangled in his hair. "Should we see how high we can go? We might as well get an idea of how far away Auradon is." We had flown so far that we couldn't see any land, no matter how much we strained our eyes.

"After you, Princess."

I began to go up with ease - the clouds gave no resistance at all. What I'd learned today, is that sitting on clouds? Nearly impossible, you just fall through. But hovering, or floating atop them - totally possible, and it's much more fun than hovering without something underneath you. It gives you the illusion of sitting on a cloud - just like lying on your back in a pool. On your back, you're "resting" on the water - but it won't catch you if you fall on it.

When it seemed like we were high enough to touch the blue of the sky, I stopped.

"Kay, Auradon's that way," I confirmed upon seeing the land far off in the distance.

"No, it's not, it's over there." Harry's back was facing mine, but he claimed he was looking at Auradon as well - in the complete opposite direction.

I floated beside him to see what he was looking at.

"Harry, that can't be Auradon, because that is." I spun him around. "You see, those turrets are the ones on Belle and the Beast's castle." I looked back at the other land. "But then, what's that?" I thought back to the familiar map of Auradon and surrounding islands I had seen so many times. "We're too far out for it to be Neverland or any of the other tiny masses near Auradon. Actually, I think we're beyond the map!"

"Like, outside of what they've discovered?"

"Or, outside of what they choose to show us." I got excited. "We need to go there!"

Harry subconsciously moved his hand to rest on the hilt of his sword, and then enthusiastically agreed. "I'm always up for an adventure."

As we got closer to the mystery island, I began wondering what it would be like. "It seems amazing there, doesn't it?" I wistfully stared off at the land speckled with brilliant greenery. It looks natural. And alive.

"Don't get your hopes up too much - not everything's the "perfect paradise" you assume it's going to be, Princess."

"And not everything's the dark - um - death place you assume it's going to be, pirate." I laughed. "The world is better than you believe it to be."