The Prince's Return

We're finally here. 

Your POV

The next morning, I could barely contain my nerves. I couldn't even imagine what Johnny must have been feeling.

"You're coming in an hour, Harry, right?" I leaned on his doorframe. "Don't leave me alone with the Riders for too long."

He laughed and brushed my cheek. "The second I'm done, Uma and I will be there, I promise."

"Good." I exhaled. "Do they really even want me there?"

"Of course Johnny wants you there, (y/n), why would he ask otherwise? Don't take his words from yesterday to heart, he's likely just anxious about the whole ordeal."

"I hope so."

"It'll be fine. And if it's not, Johnny has an amazing set of friends to be there for him. Don't fret, princess."

"Sorry I'll miss some of your games. I was going to be here for all of it."

"This is more important. You can still cheer me on at the semis tomorrow."

"Promise me you won't get eliminated?" I smiled lightly.

"Promise." He latched his pinky finger onto mine. "I'll fight with all my Hook blood."

"Thank you."

"You'd better head down now, (y/n) - wouldn't want to keep the Riders waiting."

I rolled my eyes. "Come soon, please!" I called out as I walked backwards down the hall, half feigning my sullen expression to part.

The plan was that Johnny and Ruby would get a carriage for two to drive them up, and I'd trail the car closely behind on Carpet.

As Harry suspected, they were waiting for me, so leaving for Corona was done as promptly as possible.

I'd be lying to myself if I thought the ride to Johnny's kingdom would help me ease my nerves, but at least it gave me time to myself. Time to think out the possible scenarios, and what I would do in each one.

Corona wasn't as far from Auradon City as I thought it would be. In fact, for all that it seemed secluded due to how hidden Rapunzel and Eugene chose to remain, it was incredibly close. This distance was nothing compared to how far Agrabah is.

The castle was tall compared to my palace, which made up in its width. Corona's towers reached high, some almost seeming to touch the clouds. The castle was painted a friendly beige and aquamarine, and there were barely any guards situated outside. Any guards we did see were smiling, almost careless of their job.

At this point, Ruby and Johnny got out of the carriage, and I in turn prompted Carpet to descend.

"Here we are." Ruby gestured at the gates.

I walked slightly behind them as we approached the entrance, already uncomfortable.

Ruby waved to all of the guards as we walked by, having little compliments for each one of them too - ranging from hair to complexion, she was amazing at making people feel special.

Johnny didn't say a word, glued to her side. He'd occasionally send a telling glance my way, but neither of us dared to speak.

It seems like we were expected, but I wonder if their parents knew for what.

"In here, I think they'll be in the throne room. Don't be intimidated, it's just a glorified living room - we hang out there all the time."

"Okay." Was the first word I heard Johnny utter all day.