Last Minute

More aesthetic carpet gifs :)

Your POV

"Was the summer really the last time you came out here?" Harry's voice snapped me out of my reverie.

My eyes still shut, I responded. This is something I've had on my mind for a while now. "Sadly, yes. The night of the celebration I flew out from Agrabah and never turned back - because I was stuck in isolation there for what felt like an eternity when Audrey struck, I couldn't wait to get out. And I... I didn't really realize how much I wanted to go back. School's always so distracting, and even though in previous years I would spend nearly equal amounts in the Auradon dorms and at my room back at the palace, this year I was content to stay at Auradon Prep full-time. I feel lousy though, now that I think of it."

"It's only been a few months." Harry tried to reassure me, but it didn't do much to help. He knew that. "But I suppose with a home you actually enjoy being in, it's never too early to go and visit."

"Yeah, that's the thing. I shouldn't be visiting Agrabah - it's my home. I should be there more than..."

"More than you've been with me?"

I reopened my eyes and turned to Harry. "That wasn't what I meant at all."

"It's true though. Objectively."

"No Harry - you know I love being around you. It's just that I should have made the time - I should have prioritized my family too. Even after the craziness with Lydia, I was content with phone calls, which was... unfair to the people back in Agrabah who love me."

"It's a good thing our school needs maintenance." He scoffed and I chuckled in response.

"At this point, I'm not even questioning the questionable stuff happening in Auradon. These next few days, we really take a break, like we agreed. Then we can get back to solving the mystery."

"Scandal is more like it. Mystery makes it sound fun - but this issue is something I could definitely live without."

"Same here." I sighed. "Yay for senior year."

"Let's be real - we'd never get a normal year, no matter how hard we tried. We should have taken the summer as a warning."

I smirked and played along. "You're right, Harry. I think I should have left for Agrabah the first moment I got and stayed there."

"And I go back to the Roger - I was better off wreaking havoc. The world doesn't like me nice."

"And the world doesn't like me happy." I grinned, but then turned to Harry on a more serious note. "You don't actually think that, right?"

"That I'd rather be like how I was on the Isle? No way. I was never actually into that lifestyle, I just did what I could to have the best life on the Isle. Uma actually enjoyed it, I admit, but I couldn't care less about ruining other people's lives. Auradon was always my dream, a place where I could just be... me. Not boring of course - but not a menace either. That's why I let her be Captain."

I laughed skeptically. "You let Uma be Captain? I find that hard to believe."

"You think I couldn't have taken it from her if I wanted to? I could."

"Riight. Hm, so out of courtesy you took the title of First Mate, then?"

"Pure courtesy. What can I say? I'm a gentleman." He eyed me with a look of superiority, smirking.

I turned his head away from me jokingly. "Is this what Uma would say if I asked her about it?"

[Just a cute Aladdin gif I wanted to add for the line above - parallel vibes?]