Blame and Bruises

Your POV 

I heard footsteps fast approaching, and a loud clunk as my "enemy" fell to the ground. Harry had knocked Captain Hook out using the hilt of his sword.

I tried my best not to fall but ended up leaning against the wall, my hands on my knees as I caught and regained my breath.

"He should be out now, and hopefully back once he's awake." Harry looked down at his father, then quickly shifted his focus to me. "What happened (y/n)?! Do you know how dangerous this was - dealing with him during an episode? He can cause real harm like this!"

I stood up straighter to let him know I'm okay for the most part. If he realized I'm hurt, he would inherently come over to take care of me. None of that damsel in distress nonsense today, (y/n) - this was your fault, completely. Your ribs ache? Sucks to be you. Harry warned you against going alone, and you did anyway. So now you deal with this, alone.

"I know, Harry. You were right - I really should have listened to you, it was crazy for me to come out here by myself, and talk about the past." I couldn't make eye contact with him. "I had this coming for me - I'm just sorry your father got triggered by whatever I said. You were happy that it hadn't happened in months, and I just threw all of that away."

"Hey, it's alright, as long as you're okay--"

"It's not alright, Harry! You don't need to be so... nice to me. I messed up big-time, don't you have anything else to worry about apart from me? If it was C.J. or someone else who did this I'm sure you'd be giving it to them!" Why does he coddle me so much?

"(Y/N), what's done is done - sure, damage has been done, but I'm not going to snap at you for it." He sighed. "You didn't know better."

"Yes I did, because you told me, and I chose to have my way anyway. It was wrong." All Harry wanted was a nice day out with me, alone, and I ruined it by starting with the visit to Coy, and then insisting on meeting his father the same day. You're focusing on the wrong things, (y/n). By obsessing over the past you're overlooking the present.

"What do you want me to say, princess?"

"Nothing. It's just... you're so forgiving, especially when it comes to me, even when I don't deserve it..."

"All mistakes are forgivable."

"But ones that could have easily been prevented--"

"Are forgivable as well." He looked down on me with a smile. "I'm just relieved I got here in time."

"That makes two of us," I mumbled.

"Come on, (y/n), don't beat yourself up about this tiny thing. I'll call Harriet and ask her to check up on father once he regains consciousness, and we can head back to Auradon now, okay? And how about you tell me what exactly my father said and did, and what triggered this episode?" He softly spoke, caringly taking my hand to lead me back to his bike.

I walked, slowly, beside him - focusing my effort on seeming normal. I bit down on my cheek as I felt the panging in my ribs, counting to ten in my head. 1...2...see? Not so bad. 3... 4... you're walking at a crawling speed, he'll know... 5.... A bit better... 6 --

"(Y/N), you're biting down on your cheek."

"Uh, so..?"

"Don't play coy - you are hurt, aren't you?"

"It doesn't matter, I'm really not."

"Don't lie."

"Maybe a little bit, but nothing to get tense about - let's keep going." I pulled on his hand but he didn't move.