The Episode

THIS CHAPTER HAS ACTION (and warning, a bit of violence, not gory though) - also the above gif matches in mood and lighting for this part, not really in dialogue. 

Your POV

He stayed silent.

"Um, Captain?" The sky was slowly beginning to darken. Harry's practice should just about be done.

"Maria, my love, it's been so long." His eyes suddenly looked glassy, and it seemed like he was talking to me.

"Captain Hook, it's (y/n). Harry's girl."

"I missed you, Maria." He was definitely talking to me, taking me for Maria.

I slowly got up. "I'm not Maria - we're on your Jolly Roger, on the Isle."

"Don't speak of the Isle!" He snapped, causing my heart to skip a beat in fright.

"Okay, okay, I won't." I backed away from his arms' reach, standing at a distance as he spoke.

"Why'd you go, Maria? I love you."

"I - I ... I'm not Maria." I couldn't pretend to be her, even if it indulged one of his episodes. It would be wrong.

"Not Maria? Then where is she? What have you done to her?!" He got up and before I could process it, he shoved me up against the wall of the ship.

"Agh!" I clutched at my chest, feeling like the wind had completely been knocked out of me. Not good.

"Captain Hook, remember your kids, Harry, Harriet, and C.J.?" I questioned breathlessly, not knowing how to get him to snap out of it. Harry never told me how he dealt with these. I tried to ignore the panging I felt in my stomach.

"Liar, I don't have children! I am Captain James Hook, the most ruthless pirate in all the seven seas - and I demand you tell me the whereabouts of Maria."

"She's okay - she's safe." It seems like his mind has been transported to what it was decades ago - it's probably best I play along.

"She's safe, good." He paced away, giving me a moment to breathe. "Who are you then? Are you one of Sparrow's? A friend of Maria's? Or one of those Neverland cronies?" He spun back around and waved his hook near my face. "Tell me!" The timelines in his head must be jumbled up - he's going from the Isle, to Maria, to Neverland? He seems to think it's all happening at once when really, they spanned over many years in his life...

"I'm... not anything." I managed out in the calmest voice I could muster. "I'm not a threat." I looked into his eyes, but the man I knew wasn't there at all anymore. He really looked like the loony Hook everyone in Auradon thought they knew. The pirate to be feared - the one and only.

"Anyone who knows anything about Maria is a threat, girl! And I don't trust a word that comes out of your mouth!" He inched closer and suddenly, aggressively, held me to the wall.

Breathe. How long do these go on for? I glanced up at the sky. Where is Harry? He has to be on his way here. "Look, can we just talk this over?"

"Oh - oh - so you're a royal goonie, I've got it now!" He madly asserted. "Talk this over - classic line, I should have known!" He kept his stance.

"No, I'm not--"

"Royal goonies are the worst - worse than anyone Pan could send, you know why?"

I subtly shook my head. If he's talking, at least it buys me some time.

"Because you lot work for the King - and the King truly hates us!" he chuckled. "And in return, we truly hate the King. Which means, we hate his goonies too." He bared his teeth and without preface or reason, held me up by the neck - in a chokehold.

I groaned and struggled - taking any gasps of air I could get. "Let...me...go." I breathed out as much as possible, but my words barely sounded audible. Harry - anyone - you need to come soon. My cheeks felt wet as tears escaped in my desperate cries. It feels like I'm going to die. My head began to get woozy as I received less and less oxygen.

Should've listened to Harry, you should've listened to Harry - why the hell do you never listen to Harry? It's his father, his home, his experience with these things, but you had to come out here alone and trigger an episode that hasn't happened for months now! Not only are you in danger now, but Harry's going to hate it when he hears his Father's fallen back into his delusions because of you. I reprimanded myself, thinking of my blatant stupidity when it comes to things associated with the Isle. It's not like this is the first time it's happened - how many times have you been warned against something to do with this place and its people, ignored it, and ended up in a fix like this?

And great, you're left with Harry to get you out of it, same as usual! Not only is it embarrassing - demeaning - it shows how naive and stubborn you are. You should stick to what you know. Stick to Auradon. Would Harry ever disregard what you say about Auradon and pretend he knows better, or is an exception to a common fact? He holds your thoughts in the highest regard, and you time and again ignore his. 

Not a great place to leave this hanging but I hope the suspense brings you back next week! 

Was (y/n) wrong to come to Captain Hook's place against Harry's wishes, or was it something that needed to be done? 

I hope you're well and healthy!