Third Iteration (Part 2)

Your POV

"Since you can't remember anything of the sort I'm talking about, I need you to just imagine Hook's Bay, okay Johnny? Exactly what we see here, but brighter and warmer."

'I can do that."

"The last time I did this, Harry and I both had seen the same dreams, so we were 100% picturing the same thing. But you were there too, so I don't see how different it could be. As long as you focus your mind on this and nothing else, we should end up right here, a bit more than a decade in the past."

"You're sure that was me, (y/n)? The blonde boy you saw? Are you sure you aren't mistaken?"

"I know it's you. If that's not you, I'm not me - that's how sure I am."

He gulped. "Scary to think a whole part of your life could have happened, without you even knowing, huh? I mean, what three-year-old completely forgets his parents, their names, how they look, his own home? How could I forget?"

"It wasn't just your memory - there were active forces there to prevent us from remembering events from that time. Three-year-olds don't usually forget, but with a little magic, it wouldn't take much to get them to. It's not your fault. None of us were aware of this - and you couldn't know what you don't know, so it was as good as gone."

"I don't want to delay this one more moment, then. I'm dying to see them. My family." He said that last part in the most delicate tone possible, as if it was so fragile, the entire notion of it could disappear just as quickly.

I held his hand. "It'll be dark right after I say the spell, okay? Just don't let go of my hand, and we should be there in a few moments." My heart skipped a beat when my brain reminded me that not long ago, I was saying the same to Harry. At least then, we both didn't know what to expect. Now, I feel like I'm delivering Johnny to the most devastating realization of his life - that his family somehow moved on without him.

He gripped me tightly. "I don't feel ready, but for the sake of time let's just say I am." he let out a tiny laugh. "I don't think this is something that anyone could be ready for."

"You're strong Johnny. Probably stronger than anyone I know. I just wanted to tell you that, before things get crazy."

"I don't feel like it."

"Trust me, you are. Anyone else in this same situation... well, you're composed. It's a good way to go into something like this." He met my eyes gratefully. "But I should add - you don't need to be. Composed, I mean. You can react any way you want, and you'd still be strong. Don't feel like you need to keep up any appearances with me - I'd much rather you let it all out with me around, than by yourself."

"Thank you, (y/n). You're an amazing friend - really, more my little sister, like I used to say last summer." Somehow, in all of this, he was still joking.

"Johnny." I rolled my eyes with a smile, using his positivity to keep my emotions light as well. "You're barely older than me."

"Fine, twin then - you're like my twin. I don't think there's a person more like me in the world."

"Twin works." I smiled. "I feel the same - we love Harry and Uma, but they're different. Which is good, of course. But me and you, we're alike in ways I couldn't imagine. Soft-hearted, but strong, right?"

"Exactly." He hugged me. "Sorry for not being there more when you were going through this."

"You didn't know."

"I should have asked. I was so preoccupied with my own drama that I didn't even realize what was happening with you."

"You would've been there if I reached out. I know you would've. And now it's time for me to be here for you." We pulled away from the embrace. "I'm going to say the words now, okay?"