The Fall Formal

The first part of "Full Sail Ahead" is finally here! As per requests, there's a lot more fluff (yay!) in this story, but also a lot more mystery! I can't wait for you to read it!

The evening is dying down as the sky gets darker, and Harry and (y/n) are taking a break from the main event...

"Phew, I'm exhausted!" I straightened my fall-themed dress as I sat myself down on a bench outside, relieved to get some fresh air. The dance was happening inside the school, but most of the excitement has subsided by now.

Harry took a seat beside me. "Tell me about it - how long has it been?"

"Three hours," I confirmed after glancing at my watch. I slipped off my painfully uncomfortable heels.

"I can't believe I actually let you drag me to this thing," He shook his head.

"Come on, it was fun, wasn't it?"

"I suppose - but the deal's still on right?"

"Yes. I made you come to the Fall Formal, so you get to plan our next - first? - date. Or whatever we're calling it." In this last month, Harry and I got over the damage Lydia did to our relationship - and even though neither of us still fancied the whole boyfriend-girlfriend label thing - we were definitely "something." And to mark that, Harry begged me to let him plan our next excursion after this understanding. "Where were you taking me again? I could've sworn you mentioned it."

"Haha nice try princess - but you're not getting anything out of me. I will promise this though - it'll definitely be more exciting than this."

"More exciting than this stuffy, traditional dance? I don't think that's possible," I joked. "You should just be thankful we're taking breaks - Johnny and Uma have been going at it for hours. I think they really love these."

"They're a different breed for sure - but why did you want to come to this anyway? It's just a 'stuffy tradition' after all."

"You know I love seeing you in a suit, Harry," I straightened his collar. "And Uma sort of convinced me."

"I figured." He got up. "Should we head to our rooms - it's getting late."

"Let's go back for a bit more. Who knows the next time we'll attend one of these?"

"It's your choice - but don't get too tired - we need to rest up for tomorrow."

I widened my eyes. "Tomorrow? You never said anything about going out tomorrow!"

"It's as good a day as any (y/n) - and the look of shock on your face was absolutely worth hiding it." He laughed.

"What do I wear? How should I do my hair?" Everything needs to be perfect - and I'm far from it so this'll require a lot of work.

"Stop stressing about it - just wear something comfortable. Oh, and maybe have some layers - it could get chilly."

"Comfortable? Layers?" That was probably the opposite of what I was envisioning. "Are you taking me to Winter's Keep? Because trust me - the work it takes to get there is not worth it."

"No, it's not Winter's Keep - and please stop asking questions. You're going to ruin it - just follow my advice, trust me."

"Let's just head back then - I need to start planning."

"No you don't - I'm the one planning this, remember? You wanted to go back to the dance, so let's. Come on." He grabbed my hand. I groaned. "Just forget I ever said anything - you were right, we don't know the next time we'll come to one of these." We walked back to the dance hall.