Second Iteration

I have nothing to say so you can get right into the chapter :) -->

Your POV

The evening went on peacefully, everyone remembered not to use Johnny's name, just to be careful, and our planning ensured no one needed to leave the room for the course of the evening.

Everyone would need to take turns with the bathroom, which took winding up a while, but settling in after that was comfortable - for the girls at least.

"Next time, we're having this in mine and Harry's room," Kai announced, struggling to find a position that would allow him to fit on the couch.

"Be thankful you got the couch, Kai!" Harry huffed, disappointed that Kai called dibs before him and Johnny. He and Johnny had to use the sleeping bags they brought on the ground - not ideal for a good night's rest.

"Definitely - we get the beds next time." Johnny chimed in, laying on his back, hands behind his head.

"Hey, I don't remember either of you offering up your room before - stop complaining." I directed my voice at Harry and Kai.

They resolved on being the hosts whenever this happened again, and as everyone quieted down, I could tell each of my friends was slowly giving in to exhaustion. Maya was the first, then Uma - and even though Kai was on the couch, it didn't take long for him either.

Johnny was unsettled, despite the fact that he's usually quick to fall asleep, and Harry's eyes fluttered open now and then. I should close my eyes, I don't want to be the last one left awake. I'd hate that feeling.

Not much was on my mind, at least not as much as usual, so dozing off was easier. To my immense relief, I didn't get that feeling in my stomach telling me that dream was returning, so I slept with the hope I'd be spared from a midnight adventure tonight.

It was nearly 4 AM when I was woken by a gasp - someone else's. Not a loud gasp, but significant enough for me, a light sleeper, to instantly jolt awake along with the source of the noise.

I shifted my position, turning to the left where it had come from. It's Harry.

Harry gulped, laying on his back. His eyes were open, and he seemed to be afraid.

I whispered over the edge of my bed. "Hey Harry, you alright?"

He was startled at first, unaware that anyone else was awake. "Oh, (y/n) - I'm... okay. Just had a nightmare."

"Oh." I paused for a second to think about that. "Do you think you'll be able to go back to sleep?"

He sighed. "Truthfully, no. But don't bother, you should try to go back to bed before your sleep loses you too."

"I probably couldn't sleep if I tried either."

"Sorry for waking you."

"No, it's not that at all - I was already restless." This could be the perfect time to tell him. "Hey, since we're both up, do you want to talk?"

"Here?"

"No, we can go somewhere else, alone."

"Sure, that would actually be nice." He smiled.

"Grab your coat," I said before slipping out of my blanket to do the same.

We took care to open the door quietly and embarked out into the dully lit halls.

"Where to, princess?"

"I know a spot." I began to lead the way to the Royals' Lounge - no one would be there at 4 AM, so no one would care that I'm taking Harry along with me.

As we arrived at the door, Harry was about to open the door for me.

"Uh, wait, allow me." I reached out faster and grabbed the handle. I was relieved to see the "approved" appear on the screen as the lock shifted to let us in. "I'll explain, but first get in quick!"

After I gave Harry a brief rundown of how the Royals' Lounge operates, which he honestly wasn't too bothered by, we sat ourselves down by the windows. As I predicted, we were the only ones up at this time.

"Should I make hot chocolate?" I felt the need to get up the moment I sat down.

"No, it's fine." He shrugged.

"I'll make some anyway." I grinned.

"I bet you just want some and needed me as an excuse." Harry laughed.

I shook my head but didn't outrightly deny it. As I was doing that at the kitchen counter, I decided to fill the silence. "Harry, what was your dream about?"

He seemed all too anxious to get it out - the opposite of me with my nightmares - but I was glad I wouldn't have to wrestle it out of him. "It was the weirdest thing, (y/n). It wasn't bad, or scary, traditionally, but I felt so uneasy throughout it. It almost wasn't like a dream, it felt like a memory - except one that I haven't experienced. Or don't remember experiencing at least."

At that, I spun around to look at him. "Did you say it was like a memory?"

"Yes, and a vivid one at that - I could see tiny details which I don't think I can credit my imagination with just conjuring up for the night. It was realistic, but impossible."

I walked back to the table with the two mugs, careful to watch my step. "Why impossible?"

"Because I was somewhere I have never been in my entire life. But for some reason, I seem to know exactly where I was."

"Where do you think you were?" My heart was beating out of control at this point.

"Hook's Bay." He solemnly announced, looking straight at me.

"Hook's Bay?" That's exactly where my dreams took place - impossible.

"It doesn't make sense, does it? In all my time in Auradon, you've never taken me there. I've never seen it in a textbook, I never cared to search it up - that place was a big no-no in my house. We don't talk about Hook's Bay. So why would I see it in a dream?"

"We've never even remotely gone in that direction on the carpet, it's at the other end of Auradon. And with the topography of the land, there's no way to see it clearly unless you're within 10 km of it, and even that's a push." I shook my head. "It can't be."

"I'm probably wrong, right? Like, I must've just thought of it as I was in my dream, making whatever I was seeing "Hook's Bay" - it's probably nothing like that in real life."

"Describe it for me - I've been there."

"Okay, well it's a rock beach." He closed his eyes as he pieced through what he saw in the dream, taking breaks to figure it out at times. "The water is cold, harsh - but softer close to shore. I know that sounds like any beach, but I feel like I need to say it. It's a big place, and oh! Yes, it's U-shaped. Actually, now that I think about it, there was some sand, but not a lot. The water was blue, the sky was bright - it was around midday. And waves, I just remember lots of waves."

He chuckled as he reopened his eyes. "Probably off, right?"

I bit my lip, and his light expression dropped as I did. "No Harry, you were spot on." I took a deep breath. "But there's one thing. That is Hook's Bay - but not Hook's Bay today. I think that's Hook's Bay (your age minus 3 years) years ago."

If you're sensing a shift in the atmosphere you're absolutely right - every chapter to follow is an emotional rollercoaster and it literally does not stop... 

It's time for the exciting stuff - buckle up!