Time Apart

I've never seen this picture before and it's so cute? I'm so in love with the costumes from this movie look at how perfect they are! (Also peep Jasmine's lipstick - a nod to what (y/n) said last part?)

Here's another little part - not much dialogue, more idea building. Apart from the fact that there is literal time spent apart from ... certain people ... you could see this as "time apart" from the main storyline 😫 I hope you like it regardless :)

Your POV 

Harry and I met downstairs, and it wasn't long before Dai and Daniel joined us. Lucky for us, the hot spring was maintained over the summer, so the setup didn't take any time at all.

It was a great evening to contrast the awkward lunch confrontations, and definitely gave Harry and me the relaxation we were seeking in coming to Agrabah.

We spent the next few days split between time in the castle with family and exploring Agrabah by ourselves.

After a talk from me, no one brought up the controversy of the possibility of Harry damaging our reputations, and he got a lot more comfortable with the way things worked here.

We visited local marketplaces, toured historical sites, rode camels into the deep desert, and of course - the staple of any vacation - stayed up late at night and slept in.

The dance had been orchestrated to take place this evening and the Genie tried his best to make it a hybrid between Agrabah tradition and Auradon culture.

All of us got to plan out our outfits with the local seamstress, making them in the spirit of Agrabah, but easier to manage with Auradon's style.

I personally chose to have a sky-blue mid-length dress with flair, contrasted with rose-gold pink-tinged jewels from Agrabah's very own mines.

Harry coordinated with my outfit, and rather than going for a typical Auradon black suit, designed one in the blue of my dress, tailored with cloths from the local markets.

The outfits were made such that they would start the night looking truly Agraban - it had to be, for the first dance to be carried out in proper Agrabah style - and afterward, could go through a quick transition (removing layers, shortening the length) to bring in Auradon's ease and lightness.

We were all stoked for this evening, and more than anything, couldn't wait for all the "getting ready" to be done with.

My hair started getting styled by Dai 4 hours before the dance, and from there on all the time was spent dressing up, putting on make-up, and most importantly, away from the boys.

It was this weird thing we'd do in our castle - from lunch onwards on the day of a dance, the guys and girls wouldn't see each other until arriving at the actual ballroom.

I'd always joke that it was this challenge to see if your s/o would be able to spot you in a crowded room after getting all dressed up, but really, I'm sure it was just to prevent distractions while getting ready.

Either that, or so that you're not so bored of them after already spending the day together, that you have nothing to talk about at the dance.

Whatever it was, I was losing it with Dai. Chatting with her was the best, really, and you'd think we'd have a lot to catch up on considering how long it's been, but apparently not enough that conversations didn't get repeated.

See, Dai was never the kind to be content with sitting in silence like Uma and Maya were, she would want to fill the room with words no matter how random - and this meant I'd have to be engaged the entire time.

I couldn't wait to get to the dance, get to Harry, and end this misery that was terribly draining my social battery.

~

The evening finally came, and Mom entered my room to escort me to the dance. A.k.a. just walk downstairs with me.

"Wow, (y/n), you're looking breath-taking." She strode in, elegant beyond compare.

"Thanks, Mom." I looked at myself in the mirror and then back at her. "So are you."

She smiled. "I'm glad you came to visit. We all are."

"I'm so glad I did as well. I missed everything so much. Especially you."

She put her hand on my shoulder. "Ready for the dance?"

"More than you know. Dai's been eating my head for the past hours."

She laughed. "Dahlia's been doing the same - their energy's unmatched. I don't know what poor Genie does when they're alone."

I chuckled. "Are you still taking the opening dance?" I asked as we left the room.

"Yes. Unless you wanted to? I apologize, I didn't ask-"

"No, no - please, take it. I doubt either mine or Harry's dancing is up to par yet."

"I'm sure you would have been lovely."

"Possibly, but nowhere near how I know you and Baba can do it. You both are pros."

She smiled. "We've been doing it for a lot longer as well."

"Regardless, Harry and I don't need any more eyes on us."

"That is true."

"Are the guys already inside?"

"Yes, for about 15 mins now."

"Ooh." I reacted, jokingly pained. "What caused such a delay in communication?"

"Miscommunication on your Baba's part. He thought someone else would be notifying me when they were ready, but it was his job. Took him a quarter of an hour to figure that out."

I laughed. "Typical."

Mom nodded. "Isn't it?"

We both parted soon once we entered the concentrated hall, Mom looking for Baba to set everything up for the first dance and me - nearly aimlessly - gliding around to scope out Harry.

I noticed Dai was already with Daniel, urging me even more to get with Harry as soon as possible. Not even by the food? That's weird.

"Looking for someone?" 

I promise the action is returning - a lot sooner than you'd think! It can't be all fun and games forever - but it is fun while it lasts. 

^on the topic of things going south quickly, uni is driving me crazy (idk if I said this last week as well BUT) I'm hoping it gets better soon!

Hope things are going well for you!!