Meeting the Chief

This is who will be playing Kai ^ (He was the only one who fit the description with enough content for me to use for the story lol!)

Your POV

"You think your mom won't let you come? Even if she knows Auradon is safe?"

Kai answered my question. "(Y/N), you don't know Maya's mom. She can be... inflexible when she wants to be." He turned to Maya. "But, you know what today is, right?"

Her face lit up again. "The last day of the second week in the month! The Council of Elders meeting."

"Led by the Chief."

"Who will not create a scene in front of the esteemed members of our society." She smirked. "Great thinking Kai, that's what we'll do. We'll head over there right now, and I'll ask for her permission."

The island was vast, and even if not many lived here, there was enough land to accommodate five times its population. It was a long but scenic walk to the grand home - very unlike the palaces in Auradon, but royal nonetheless. This is Maya's home.

She spoke in a low voice as we approached the open door. "I'll begin by introducing you, she'll be delighted to know we have visitors!"

The room we entered seemed like the living room, but instead of couches, it was decorated with woven carpets upon which twelve elders and Chief Moana each sat, forming a circle.

Maya slowly entered the room. "Hey, mom."

"Good evening Maya, what is it? Today is the Council of Elders meeting, remember?"

"I know, I'm sorry, but if you could excuse yourself for just a minute, there's someone - well two people - that I think you should meet."

She turned to the others and said, "Just give me a moment" before exiting the room to where the rest of us were.

Maya took a deep breath. "Mom, this is princess (y/n) and Harry Hook, they're visiting Motunui. From Auradon."

Moana seemed to be taken aback for a second, trying to process what her daughter had just said.

She - almost spontaneously - composed herself again, and gave us a welcoming smile.

"(Y/N)? It's so nice to meet you. Your parents are such kind people." She knows them? "I'm sure Maya's been thrilled to meet you - something tells me you both will get on nicely." She shook my hand.

"It's great to meet you too, um, Chief."

"Moana's fine, I can't say I'm too fond of being addressed by my title in normal circumstances - it sounds too stuffy, don't you think?"

I laughed in agreement.

"And Harry, it's such a pleasure. Am I correct in assuming Captain Hook is your father?"

Harry nodded, bracing for the reaction he knew would come from her gaining this knowledge.

"How lovely - he's a very brave, intelligent, man. I'm sure you must take pride in carrying the Hook name."

I glanced at Harry at that unexpectedly warm reply. She didn't even hesitate in saying so, could it be that she believes what she said? It is true, Captain Hook being brave and intelligent, but that would only be said from a certain... forgiving perspective.

Harry appreciated her response and was relieved to be, for once, just seen as another AK. "I...do." He paused. "I can't believe I'm meeting you, Moana. You don't know how much I've drifted away listening to your story."