Apt Allusions

This gif is great for his natural hair colour and generally Johnny-ness, but it doesn't really correspond to a scene in this part. Think of it as how (y/n) remembers Johnny's usual manner, and then as a juxtaposition to him...well, after the memory of his family. 

Your POV

My lips parted, but for a second it just stayed that way.

Harry jumped in. "(Y/N) is-"

She waved a hand in dismissal, to which he obliged. "Let the girl speak for herself."

"Uma is my friend, and Johnny is too. I know-"

"Forget that for now. I am asking how you got a hold of the boy who is as good as my son by proxy." The malice in her voice was increasingly evident.

"We met officially when the barrier came down." My voice came out as submissive. "There isn't much to tell."

"And you thought you'd been the first to mate him?" She laughed ostentatiously, proud of this wordplay. "Speak up, girl - no one can hear you like that."

My eyes unintentionally darted to Johnny, whose face was set. God, I hated being put on the spot - and in purposeful mockery too. She was doing this to embarrass me, and it was having that effect.

"I-" my voice was cut off by Johnny, who now stood up.

"Enough, Ursula." His height certainly paid him favour at times like this.

"Orphan boy speaks up. How delightful." She drolled. "I hope you know that by your doing, everyone's dear Uma is being pulled out of Auradon Prep immediately."

"Mom!" Uma cried out, but in a controlled manner. She clearly didn't want to have this fight again - especially not here.

"No, you will do no such thing." Johnny's voice remained, as before, unwavering.

"Why is that?" She was amused.

"Tell me once again why you forbid Uma from seeing me." He faced her now, eyes piercing. "Go on." This was not the Johnny any of us knew. I relished in the fact that the spotlight was off me, but Harry's keen gaze of concern was unrelenting.

"You are a nobody."

"I am." This statement, although seemingly true, was said with a comic end to it - nearly ridiculing her.

"You are. And as a nobody, I demand you stay away from my daughter."

Johnny crossed his arms. "I wouldn't worry about that if I were you."

"What did you say?" In indignation, she pressed each word, hoping to see him falter. Johnny did no such thing.

"I said I wouldn't worry about it." He held his ground of disobedience, looking at her with an expression of telling, shocking me.

Her initial expression of anger turned into one of pure horror as she stepped back.

And I, for a split second, noticed something that forced me to mirror her emotions, her disbelief. Can it truly be...?

The only word she could mutter was "No," as she walked backwards, back to the entrance door.

Almost as soon as she had marched in, Ursula was gone - but in that time everything had changed. I had never seen Johnny like that - so sure of himself... as if he was finally accepting the other side to him. The side that only Harry and I knew.

Harry's expression turned into a smirk the minute it was just the four of us in the salon again, and he exclaimed, "Good on you, mate. Someone had to fix her."