20

"I'm going to miss you, so much." Lydia says as she pulls me into a rib crushing hug.

"I'll miss you too, I'll call you when we land, I promise." I say, trying to breathe through the pain of my ribs snapping and being ground into dust from the sheer force of her hugs.

She finally releases me from the bone-shattering hug, "I'll just climb into your luggage and come with." She proposes the idea.

"Perfect idea, I don't need a new change of clothes anyway." I explain.

"Please, you'll be on a bus with a bunch of stinky old dudes, what are the odds they do laundry?" Lydia asks.

"Hey, I'm not old!" Dad exclaims.

"No offense." She says before giving me that "he is" look on her face.

"I'd say the odds are very low." I say quietly.

"Sounds about right." She agrees.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you girls but we need to get to the airport soon." Dad explains.

"I'll see you in a few months." I smile at her.

"I can't wait." She pulls me into another bone-shattering hug.

"I have to go." I say as she releases me.

"Call me." She demands.

"Of course." I say as I put my luggage in the trunk.

"Tell me about all the famous people you meet." She says.

"I'll start by telling you about my dads." I joke.

"Perfect." She laughs before giving me one last hug.

"I'll miss you." I tell her.

"I'll miss you too." She admits.

After that, I get into the back seat of the car and we drive off. "I'm sorry you won't be able to see your friends for a while." Papa says apologetically.

"It's okay, I wouldn't miss this opporotunity for the world." I say, happier than I was previously.

"I'm glad." Papa replies.

I had dreaded boarding the plane, I don't like planes. Plane rides are also very boring and cramped. I know the plane ride is only about two and a half hours to Dallas Texas, but still, I am going to hate those two and a half hours.

I got anxious when we started experiencing turbulence. I did not want this plane to crash, I was not ready to die. Eventually the plane steadied out but I was still spooked. The first three dates are in Texas, I have never been to texas but I have been told it is hot and humid. I really dont think that will be too pleasent.

"Dad?" I ask.

"Yes?" Dad replies.

"This flight is too long." I admit.

"It just started." He points out.

"Yeah, like three years ago." I slouch in my seat.

"It'll be over before you know it." Papa adds.

"I definately know it all ready." I reply.

"Did you bring your sketch book?" Papa asks.

"Yeah," I say before grabbing my purse and pulling out a sketch book and a pencil, "I just dont know what to draw at the moent." I explain.

"How about," Papa trails off, "A plane?" He suggests.

"You're so boring." Dad chimes in, "Draw a horse," he pauses for a second, "No, a unicorn." He declares.