13

"We only have a few more months of school left, I think I'm just going to keep ignoring him until I never have to see him again." I explain to Dakota.

"What if you have a class with him next year?" She asks.

"Then, I might do something." I reply.

Lydia walks up and takes a seat close to me, "Hey." she says happily.

"Hey," I say then I see the jacket she's wearing, "Is that my jacket?" I ask.

"Yeah, you left it at my house months ago I just never wore it out." She shrugs.

"Oh, cool." I nod.

"You two are weird." Dakota adds from beside me.

"In the best way." Lydia adds as she wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Whatever," Dakota rolls her eyes, "I'm going to go to my next class early." She says as she stands up.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later." I say as she walks away.

After school, Papa picks me up, "So," He starts out, "We have some good news to share with you today but we're going to announce it over dinner," He explains, "It's going to be fancy and Jack and Zack will be there." He mentions.

"Cool." I smile even though I know he can't see me, "What is it?" I ask.

"I can't tell you yet." He says as we pull up to the house.

"Why not?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." he says as we get out.

"You're pregnant." I guess.

"Impossible," Papa says, "Stop guessing."

"You're coming out as gay?" I ask.

"To you and the band?" He asks, "Already did that, your guesses are terrible."

"I give up." I shrug.

"Good, because you will find out later." Papa says as he unlocks the front door.

"But, I don't want to." I whine.

"Too bad." He says as we walk inside.

"Dad," I whine as I walk into the living room, "Papa wont tell me why we're going to dinner." I whine as I flop down onto the couch.

Dad laughs, "That's because it's a surprise." Dad informs me.

"Surprises are dumb." I inform.

"If you want to invite someone to dinner you can." Dad informs me.

"Really?" I perk up.

"Yeah, 'course." He smiles at me.

"Can she sleepover?" I ask.

Dad thinks for a moment before looking at papa to make sure he doesn't have an issue with it, "I don't see why not." Dad shrugs.

"Yay!" I shout as I get up from the couch and run up to my room.

I drop my bag next to my bed and flop down as I pull my phone out. "Hey, my family wants to go out for a fancy dinner to make some big announcement and said you can join us, and spend the night if you want, wanna come?" I text Lydia.

I set my phone down on my bed and get up. I walk to my closet and attempt to pick out an outfit. However, I can not make up my mind on what to wear. Do I wear a skirt and shirt so that I am not too overdressed, or do I wear a dress so I am not accidentally too casual?

My phone dings from its spot on my bed. I walk back over to my bed and pick up my phone to see that I have a text from Lydia. "I'd love to, when do u want me to come over." She replied.