5

I woke up early that winters morning to the sight of presents under the tree. Dad and Papa told me to sleep on the couch in case I get woken up by Santa. Santa did not wake me up by accident because he isn't stupid, and I know Santa doesn't exist. However, that's far beyond the point.

I rub my eyes as I pull the blanket off of my self and place my feet on the carpeted floor. The video of a fireplace on the living room television crackled, creating the only noise, other than my own breathing, in the room. I quietly walk upstairs and knock on my parent's bedroom door. "Come in." I hear yelled, yet muffled by the thick wooden door. I quietly open the door to reveal my parents laying in bed, completely exhausted.

"It's christmas!" I yell as I run and jump into their bed between them.

Rian yawns, "Yup." He says very unenthusiastically.

"Papa, it's my first Christmas in years," I explain, "I stopped getting gifts when I became too old for Toys For Tots."

"No, now you're gonna make me sad." Alex chimes in.

"It's christmas we shouldn't be sad." Rian says as he sits up and stretches.

"Yeah, now let's go downstairs so I can open my presents." I demand as I hop off the bed.

Alex laughs at my antics. I race downstairs with my fathers trailing slowly behind me. I sit on the carpeted floor in front of the tree and stare eagerly at each of the neatly wrapped gifts just waiting for me to tare open.

"Which one should I open first?" ask.

"Any of the light rectangular ones." Alex informs me as he takes a seat on the couch.

I pick up a light weighted rectangular box and rip it open without mercy. The box it's self was Christmas themed, a simple design with Santa on the front of it. I peeled the scotch tape off the side of the box and opened it to see a long sleeved t-shirt. It was an All Time Low shirt. I've never seen this design before on any of their shirts.

"It's our new concert merch." Alex explains as if he was able to read my thoughts.

The sleeves had writing on them and the back had a skeleton hand holding up the middle finder with a blue flame coming out of it. underneath the hand was song lyrics.

"Oh my god, I love it!" I say excitedly.

I move on to more presents, all the boxes Dad said to open first were clothes. I couldn't find any more clothes boxes so I moved onto a larder rectangle box that seemed heavier. I opened it to see a stack of canvases. The next box is full of really nice Liquitex acrylic paints and paint brushes. They must have cost a fortune. I pick up a smaller rectangular box and unwrap the gift. It was the new iPhone. My eyes nearly popped out of my skull, my gifts must have cost a fortune. I move on to another box that seemed significantly heavier than the rest of the boxes. I opened it to see a cardboard box. I clawed at the packing tape that was refusing to allow me entrance into the box that contained my Christmas gift. Rian handed me his keys and I took them gratefully, using the strong metal as leverage to rip the tape off. When I am granted access to my gift I open the box. It takes my brain a moment to register the contents of the box. It was a brand new mac book. 

"This is way too expensive!" I yell in disbelief.

"The mac book?" Rian asks.

"All of it!" I say filled with guilt.

"You're worth every penny." Rian says with a warm smile.

"No, you guys bought way too much for me!" I reply.