39

"This house is a three bedroom, two bathroom, new build, with an in home office," the landlord explains as he gives us the tour, "theres a washer and dryer," he opens a closet door to reveal a washing and drying machine. "Here."

"That's a weird place for a washing machine." Dad comments.

The land lord shrugs before walking toward the kitchen. "As you can see here, we have updated appliances, stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher, the stove is gas though." He explains, "real granite counter tops." He kocks on the surface, the sound indicating that it is real.

"Theres a gas fireplace in the living room that will be great for the holidays." The landlord explains.

"Can we see the bedrooms?" Dad asks.

"Right this way." He leads us to the master bedroom. "The master is down stairs and the two childrens bedrooms are upstairs."

The master bedroom was huge.

"Theres a spacious walk in closet," he turns the light on in the closet, "and you will love the master bathroom."

The bathroom was huge, it had both a shower and a deep tub. The counter tops were real granite, matching the kitchen counter tops.

"Now if you'll follow me I can show you the childrens bedrooms." He says before leading us up the carpeted stairs. "Both bedrooms are right next to eachother." He explains.

One of the bedrooms was smaller than the other. "I call dibs on that one!" I state happily as I point to the bigger bedroom.

"That's no fair, Jade cant call dibs on anything." Dad laughs lightly.

"Shoulda been born first." I shrug.

"And if you'll follow me over here," the land lord leads us into a much smaller room, "this could be an in home office or a simple guest room."

"This could be your drum room." Dad suggests.

"What?" I was shocked.

"Its the perfect size." He replies.

"Don't you want it for something?" I ask.

"What would I need an office for?" He asks.

"For," I trail off, "office stuff?" I shrug.

Dad laughs, "we could add some sound proofing to the walls, hang up some decorations, get you a nice recording set up," dad explains, "this would be perfect."

"Do you think papa will still teach me?" I ask.

"Of course he will." Dad says solemnly.

"Across the hallway you'll see the second bathroom." The land lord interrupts.

"Woah, this bathroom is huge." I state as I take in my settings.

"Now if you'll follow me back down stairs we can go see the back yard." He explains.

We walk down the stairs and out a glass sliding door.

"This house has a big fenced in back yard, perfect for any pets or children to run around and play in." He explains.

"Woah this is huge!" I say excitedly.

"Now it's a security deposit of 1800$, an extra 150$ non refundable pet fee and another 150$ refundable pet deposit per pet, and an extra 100$ a month per dependent over the age of one years old on the lease." He explains quietly to dad.

"We don't have any pets." Dad inform.

"We will prorate your first months rent if you move in after the first of the month," the man explains, "you'll need to set up an account with Baltimore Gas and Electric before the move in date and show proof, you can set up your wifi at anytime during your lease, you'll have to choose from a select few internet providers that service the area." He explains.