28

TW: Mentions of sexual assault. Proceed with caution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a sip of the water, trying to calm my breathing enough to speak.

"What happened, you can tell me," She assures me, "I'm here to help you."

I sniffle as I set down the water and take a deep shaky breath before wiping the tears from my eyes. "Thank you." I say weakly.

I pull my left wrist to my chest, holding it delicately. My wrist hurts a lot right now.

"Take your time." She suggests softly.

I sniffle again. Jenna reaches over and picks up a box of tissues before placing them infront of me. I pull out a tissue and blow my nose. "I uh, I didn't have anyone to come to." I explain, wiping away more tears, "I don't even know where my parents are, and my bus was," I pause and cringe at the idea, "busy" I explain, "I- I was scared." I admit.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" She asks in a comforting tone.

"I- I was at the p- party, just m- me- meeting people a- and I g- g- go-t a phone call," I begin with a stutter, "I le- -eft  the party to p- pick up the c- call. It was a b- break up c- call." I explain.

"Oh, honey I'm so sorry." She soothes.

I take another sip of water before continuing. "And th- this guy, I kn- knew him and I- I trusted him." I was trying to stop tears from falling, "He came up to m- me and asked what was wr-ong. I t- told him I got broken up with and h- he went on this r- rant about how I d- deser-ve better. Th- then he- he- he uh, he-" I pause for a moment to let my tears fall, "he tried to f- f- f- for- force h- him s- self on me, b- but m-y frien-d s- s- saved m- me and I- I ran away and I couldn't g- go back to my bus, so I c- came back to the party h- hoping someone c- could help me." I was a mess, my speech patters were also a mess.

Jenna had a look of horror and sadness plastered across her face. "I'm so sorry, I promise you're safe now, I won't let anyone near you until your back safe with your parents." She explains.

I was a sobbing mess. I wanted to be back home in my bed, safe, comfortable, and happy. Instead I'm sitting in this strangers tour bus, terrified and sobbing.

"I want to go home." I cry, "I want my parents." I start pulling at my hair while I sob.

"Hey, hey, hey." She tries to pry my hands from my hair, "it's going to be okay I promise." She explains, "let me see your phone, I'll try to call your parents to see if it's okay for you to come back to the bus, okay?" She explains.

I just reach into my pocket and shakily hand her my phone.

She scrolls through my contacts before pressing call. The phone rings, and rings, and rings, the ringing only makes me more anxious. Eventually she gets sent to voicemail. She lets out a sigh before continuing to scroll through my contacts. "Is 'Papa' your other parent?" She asks.

I nod my head as I continue to cry.

The phone rings once before being sent straight to voicemail, she sighs in defeat, "His phone must be dead." She informs me, "Is there anyone else I could call?" She asks.

"Try Jack or Zack." I say weakly.

The phone starts ringing again, eventually gets sent to voice mail. Then after a moment or two it rings again, this time, someone picks up.

"Stella?" Zack's voice asks through the phone.

"This is actually Jenna McDougall, Stella is here with me currently, something has happened and she didn't know where to go so I'm currently sitting with her on my bus, would now be an appropriate time for her to come back to the bus?" She explains.