33

"You, have so much to explain." Dakota demands over the phone.

"I-" I was trying to speak.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me!" She was shouting through the phone.

"Well-" I try to speak again.

"Why wouldn't you tell me that your parents are literally part of my favorite band!"

"Can you let me speak!" I shout through the phone.

"Sorry."

I sigh, "I didn't tell you, because," I emphasize the word because, "they're you're favorite band."

"What?" She sounded confused.

"I wanted you to be my friend because you liked me for me not because of who my parents were," I explain, "not to mention they weren't publicly out as a couple yet and I didn't want you telling anyone and all the fans finding out from someone other than them."

She was silent.

"Don't be mad at me for keeping my personal business private." I was annoyed.

"I'm sorry." She sounded sincere but that was all she said.

"It's okay, I kinda figured you'd be upset." I sigh.

The line went silent for a moment.

"So," she said awkwardly, "are we cool?"

"Yeah, we're cool." I shrug.

"Stella, could you come down here a minute!" Papa shouts from down stairs.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I shout back.

"My parents want me, I have to go."

"Oh my god, this feels so weird." She admits.

"What?"

"You're parents, they're literally famous."

"I mean, kinda?" I reply, "whatever, I gotta go.

"Okay I'll talk to you later than."

"Bye." I say before hanging up the phone.

When I go down stairs I see my parents in the living room so I sit down on the couch with them.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"So," Papa begins, "we were told by many people that infant adoption can take years, however," he states, "we were told by the agency that they would be able to find us a placement within the month." He explained.

"What?" I was confused.

"They said that there's a waiting list for white, infant, males, specifically white, blonde, infant, males." Dad explained.

"And since we were open to adopting a child of any ethnicity and gender, they said there was not a waiting list." Papa explained.

"So, we're going to have a baby soon?" I ask the obvious question.

"Since we already went through the entire process of the background checks and what not, this adoption should be very simple." Papa replies, "So very, very, soon, you are going to be a big sister."

"Oh my god," I was excited, "really?"

"Yup." Dad says happily.

"I'm so excited." I was bouncing up and down in my seat.

"Good," dad smiles, "I'm glad," he was happy, "our family is getting a little bigger."

"We already ordered a few necessities for the babies room and a car seat, but we wanted you to help us pick out the rest." Papa explains.