16

Lydia had left hours ago. I have just been sitting in my room refusing to leave it was the middle of the night and I was not even tired. I was too angry to sleep, but what I hated most was the fact that I just wanted to see my dad. I miss him, he's supposed to be here for me and Papa, not just Jack. I understand that Jack is one of his best friends but family should come first. I know that Jack is going through some hard times, but I just want my dad. After years I had finally gotten a family and now it feels like that perfect family image is falling apart.

My parents fought earlier, I knew it was because of me, or maybe because of Jack. I guess it could have been both, who really knows. I did not really want to listen to them fight again so I tried my best to block out the sound. It scares me when they fight, I wish they would not. But I wish there was not a reason for them to fight. I know it's unrealistic for me to expect that everything is just going to be perfect. I guess I was just a bit too hopeful when I was being adopted. Everything just felt like a dream, I thought maybe everything would be okay and my life would be good and that the bad times were behind me. I guess they are not, that's okay. In the end, everything will be okay because if it's not, then it is not the end, or at least I am hoping so.

I let a tear fall, I just wanted everything to be okay. I wiped away my tear and held it in. I decided to leave my room, it was the middle of the night I knew my parents would be asleep. As I tried not to make it through the door squeak I thought about what I'm going to do. I thought maybe I could just leave, just for the night, come back before they even knew I was gone just to blow off some steam, maybe visit some friends. Then I decided against that idea, I figured it would be a bad idea to just leave.

I slowly opened the door to my parents' room, when the bed came into view I realized there was only one person in it. I knew it was Papa it was his side of the bed. I did not know where Dad was. Did he leave? I hope not, the only time I heard a door open was when Jack was leaving, my parents fought after that so I know that Dad didn't leave with Jack.

I quietly closed the door behind me trying not to wake up Papa. As quietly as I could I climbed into dad's side of the bed, crawling under the covers, and finding a comfortable spot. I knew I had woken up Papa when I felt him move, he rolled over to face me.

"Hey, what are you doing in here?" He asked sleepily when he realized it was me who got into the bed.

"I don't know." I mumble sadly.

"C'mere." He mumbles as he holds his arms out. I wrap my arms around him in a hug before an uncontrolled sob escapes my lips. "It's okay," He says softly, "what's wrong?" He asks. I just shake my head as I continue to cry. He holds me in his comforting fatherly embrace until I fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up alone. I saw it up so heavy yawn and rubbed my eyes. It is the first official day of summer break, I need to utilize the time that I have before we tour to spend as much time as I can with Lydia and Dakota.

I went back to my room and got dressed. I made sure to pull my phone off my charger before I left. I brush my hair and teeth in the bathroom, making sure my hair looked decent in the mirror. When I walk downstairs the first thing I noticed was dad asleep on the couch, I guess he must have had to sleep on the couch after the fight. It hurts to see their marriage on the rock, I really wish things were better.

I knew Papa must have been in the kitchen because I could smell pancakes being cooked. When I walked into the kitchen I realize he was played in the pancakes, I woke up in perfect time for breakfast.

"Hi, papa." I say softly.

"Oh, hey, sweetie!" He says happily as he turns on his heel.

I give him a soft smile before finding my seat at the table. Papa picks up a plate of pancakes and walks over before depositing them in front of me. "Thanks." I say happily as I snatch the syrup from the middle of the table, "Are you gonna wake up Dad?" I ask as I pour an immense amount of syrup on my pancakes.