26

I have never been to New York before. Then again, I have not been to Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, or, Virginia before. In fact, I had never really left Maryland before this summer.

It feels so weird to be almost two weeks into this tour. I can not tell if this tour feels like it has just begun or if it has been going on forever. Time has lost all meaning, I honestly would not have known we were in New York today if it was not for the fact that the tour manager had taped the bus schedule to the cupboard in the kitchen area.

My parents were currently on stage so the bus was empty. Just as I was pondering on what to do I get a text message. I pull the phone out of my pocket and realize it was Austin texting me.

"Hey beautiful :)" He texted me.

"Hey" I reply simply.

I pull out a rolled-up cute black dress from my bag, realizing I have not yet worn it. I decided this would be my outfit for today. Since the dress was rolled up there were minimal wrinkles, luckily for me.

My phone's notification went off and I set the dress down to check my text.

"Wanna hang out?" He texted me.

I think for a moment, weighing my options, "Sure" I texted back.

"Okay meet you at the gate in ten minutes?" He asked.

"Ight bet" I replied before putting my phone back into my pocket.

I picked the dress back up and walked into the bathroom, I knew I was the only person on the bus at the moment but it felt odd changing in the middle of the bus. I thought I looked cute, the dress was also not a lot of material or layers so I will not overheat in this.

When I was ready for the day I left the bus and made my way to the gate, I saw Austin was already standing there, waiting for me.

"Hey." I smile at him.

"Wow, you look amazing." He compliments with a smile.

"Oh, uh, thanks." I reply.

"You must be the prettiest girl here." He suggests.

"Oh, no, not me." I try to shrug off the compliment.

"No seriously, you look great." He replies.

"All I did was put on a dress." I shrug.

"Well, it looks great." He reiterates.

"Thanks." I reply, "So what'd you want to do?" He asks.

"Maybe catch a set or two, probably get some food." He shrugs, "Sound good to you?" He asks.

"Yeah," I agree, "I haven't eaten today."

"Well, then we should get food first, don't need you being sent to the medical tent." He jokes.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I shrug.

"We should get food from one of the vendors, more fun that way." He suggests.

"Oh, I don't have money." I reply.

"Don't worry about it." He smiles at me, "I got this." He pulls out his wallet and waves it in the air.

"Okay, if you say so." I shrug grateful for the free food.

"No biggie." He replies casually.

He leads me to a food vendor that had a semi-short line. "What do you want to get?" He asks as he turns to face me.

"Uh," I trail off as I look up at the menu, "I'll just get a cheese burger and a water." I reply.

"I think I'll get the same." He smiles at me.