9

"Where were you last night?" I heard Papa ask as I stopped at the top of the stairs to listen.

"I was with Jack, he wasn't doing so good." Dad explains.

"You didn't text, you didn't call, and you came home in the middle of the night," Papa explains, "I was worried sick, Stella was upset, I could tell, she missed you. She wanted you at dinner, our family dinner." Papa says to get his point across.

"I know, I'm sorry!" Dad defends, "You should have seen him though, he was a crying mess and you couldn't pry a beer bottle out of his hands."

"I know he's hurting but at the very least you could have texted, we waited nearly an hour for you before we started dinner because you said you would be there." Papa reasons.

"I said I'll probably be back in time for dinner not that I would be." Dad sighs.

"Fine, just text next time." Papa seemed emotionally exhausted by the fight.

"Okay." Dad sighs.

I count to five before walking down the stairs. I try to smile at them but I can't exactly force any happiness when it's early in the morning and my parents just fought. "You okay, Stella?" Papa asks.

"Yeah, just tired." I yawn, it wasn't a complete lie, I stayed up waiting for dad to come home, however, I fell asleep before he got here. Granted I fell asleep fairly early.

"Good news," Papa says happily, "It's a snow day!" His mood had changed drastically since his debacle with dad.

"Hurray," I say with fake enthusiasm, "I'm going back to bed."

I walk back upstairs and collapse on my soft, comfortable bed. "I love snow days." I sigh with content. I fell asleep, however, I only slept for two hours and woke up at nine in the morning. I sighed at the fact that my body wouldn't let me sleep all day. I rolled over in bed and grabbed my phone off the nightstand.

I had a text from Dakota, "Yo you can come over tomorrow if you can get through the snow, I'll text my addy later"

"Sounds good." I text back.

I walk back downstairs to see dad and papa sitting together on the couch. "Morning, again, Stella," Dad smiles at me, "there's bacon in the kitchen." He informs.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a couple of strips of bacon. I don't bother with a late since I see no reason to dirty any more dishes when I could just wash my hands. I eat them as I walk back upstairs to the bathroom and finish the bacon as I enter through the door. I wash the grease off my hands and walk back downstairs.

"Parents," I announce to get their attention, "Can I go to a friends house tomorrow if the snow clears up?" I ask.

Papa and dad look at each other to decide, "Sure, as long as one of us can drive you." Dad informs.

"Alright, thanks," I say before taking a seat on the couch, "Let's do something, I'm bored."

"Like what?" Papa asks.

"Something." I shrug.

"That's really descriptive." Dad laughs.

"Can we play in the snow?" I ask, suddenly perking up.

"Sure." Papa agrees.

I run up the stairs and change into black jeans, my long sleeve All Time Low shirt, my snow jacket, and knee-high black boots. When I walk back stairs I see my parents by the door, "I'm ready for the snow!" I say excitedly.

"You need gloves, hold on," Papa says before running upstairs. When he comes back down he's holding a pair of gloves, "Here, wear these." Papa smiles as he hands me the pair of gloves.