2

"Wake up and pack up you're being adopted!" I wake up to Ms. Carpenters voice saying joyfully.

I sit up in bed really fast as my eyes widen, "Really? Me?" Honestly, this came as a shock to me because for the past couple of years I figured that I was just going to age out of the system.

"Yes, you!" She says excitedly as Karla wakes up. I start tearing up at the thought of having a family is honestly amazing.

I hop out of bed excitedly as I pull my suitcase out of my closet. "You're adopted?" Karla asks in a groggy, morning voice.

"I guess." I reply as I quickly pull clothes out of my drawers.

"Nice, dude." She yawns.

"I hope you get adopted soon." I say as I move on from clothes to my toiletries.

"I won't." She says very nonchalantly.

"Why do you say that?" I ask as I zip up the clear plastic bag and stuff it into my suitcase.

"No one wants a teenager." She says as she slowly begins getting out of bed.

"They wanted me." I shrug as I move onto my art supplies.

"You got lucky." She replies.

"That doesn't mean you won't." I inform as I grab my DS and DS games off my nightstand.

"Doesn't mean I will." She shoots back. "You still eating breakfast with us this morning?" She asks, changing the subject as I gather the rest of my items.

"Yeah of course." I say as I zip my drum sticks into my suitcase.

"I'll miss you." She says as she leaves the room.

I do multiple paranoia checks of my things before walking down the stairs, only about five minutes late to breakfast. I take a seat at my usual spot on the table as ms. Carpenter sets a plate of food in front of me. "Thank you." I say politely.

"Glad you could make it." She smiles as she sits down at the end of the table.

We all make small talk until a knock at the door takes our attention away from the people around us. Ms. Carpenter stands up from her seated position at the dining table to answer the door.

"Oh you're early." She says happily as she lets the two men inside.

"Yeah, we hope you don't mind." Rian says politely.

"Oh not at all, we were just eating breakfast." She explains as she leads them into the dining room. When they enter the room I notice from the corner of my eye that two girls eyes widen.

"Hi, new parents!" I say excitedly making sure to rub it into the other girl's faces.

"Hey." Alex replies with a smile.

"Wait a second." One of the girls, Marlene, starts with a big grin forming on her face, "I remember how you tasted. I've had you so many times, let's face it. Feels like I'm falling in love alone. Stella, would you take me home?" She sings loudly.

Ms.Carpenter hushes her loud volume as Alex makes a weird face. "Never singing that again." He laughs awkwardly.

"Oh, but it's such a good song." Marlene whines.

"I'll never look at it the same way." He laughs.

"Hey, before you go can I get your autographs?" Marlene asks excitedly.

"Yeah, as long as you don't tell the media about this." He agrees with a smile.

"Deal!" She shouts before completely ditching her food and bolting upstairs to get her CD and a sharpie.