4

A knock on my door takes me away from my previous task. I carefully set down my sketching pencil on top of my sketch book and make my way over to the door. I twist the knob and pull the door open. "Hey." I say as I see Alex standing in the doorway.

"Hey, the rest of the bands here and they wanna meet you." He informs me as he leans on the door frame.

My eyes widen. "Really?" I say excitedly.

"Still star struck?" He raises his eyebrow at me.

"I-" I clear my throat and compose my self, "What?" My voice comes out semi-squeaky as a dead give away, I try to cover it up by continuing, "No, not at all." I say quickly. I guess I'm an awful liar.

He laughs at me, "Come on, Jacks gonna kill me if I make him wait any longer."

We exit my room and walk downstairs to see Jack, Zack, and Rian, sitting on the couch. It wasn't unusual to see Rian on the couch because he lives here but, Jack and Zack were new, to me at least. "Zack, Jack, this is my daughter Stella." Zack looked like a normal dude if you didn't already know of the band you'd assume he was just a dad or something. Jack, on the other hand, had bleached hair, previously having skunk tail hair, you may assume that his life isn't the average, apple pie life. The way he chooses to express himself shows that he is creative and abnormal. He doesn't quite fit into the social norms but he isn't so far out that he becomes an outcast. Jack is the kind of guy that stands out in a crowd.

"Stella won't you-"

"Nope!" Alex cuts off Jack as he breaks out into song.

"At least her name's not Holly." Jack infroms.

Alex visibly cringes at the idea, "Thank god."

"Gross." I finally speak up.

The room erupts into laughter as if I had just said the funniest thing in the world. Their humor felt more patronizing than anything but I still relished in the feeling of getting attention much like a smaller child would do.

"It's great to finally meet you, Stella, Alex tells me you're a big fan of our music too." He mentions casually.

I turn around and give my dad a look of betrayal before looking back over to Jack. "Yeah, I guess I've been a fan of your music since I was allowed to use the internet." I laugh awkwardly.

"What a coincidence." Zack pipes up.

I felt awkward standing over them, people say that being higher up then the people you are speaking with is an intimidation tactic but that doesn't make much sense since I feel intimidated by the two men sitting down on my couch. I walk across the room and sit next to Papa, immediately feeling significantly more comfortable.

"You play any instruments?" Zack asks curiously as he shifts in his seat to see me better.

"No." I reply simply as Alex walks across the room to sit next to me. I was surrounded by dads, my dads, just the two dads. I felt secure and comfortable, I was grateful for that.

"Yes you do, you play the drums." Rian interrupts.

"Not really." I reply to my papa, "I'm still learning."

"And you are doing great." He informs me.

I shrug in response. "You have got the perfect parent if you want to learn the drums." Zack informs as if this is new information.

"Yeah." I agree.

"Is there anything you want for Christmas?" Jack asks changing the question.

"I already got everything I've ever wanted, a family." I say with a happy smile. I look up at Rian who's tearing up at my statement. I look up at Alex to see him react the same way. Both my parents engulf me in a tight embrace.