3

"We need these." I inform as I pick up a pack of really nice ballpoint pens. "And these." I say as I pick up a pack of nice mechanical pencils.

"What about notebooks?" Rian asks me, with his hands on the handle of the cart.

"I'll just use the ones from last semester, they're only half full." I inform as I continue down the isle. "But I need a new folder because one of mine broke." I inform as I pick ut a blue folder.

"Any more things you need for school?" He asks as I put everything in the cart.

"I don't think so, can we get things for my room?" I ask.

"Of course." He replies as he pushes the cart out of that aisle. "What do you want?" He asks.

"Can I get a desk?" I asks.

"Yeah." He says before pushing the cart towards the desk area.

We search through our options before I find a desk I like. It was a simple black desk with a sheet of glass covering wicker in the middle. underneath the dest was a decent sized drawer that would be perfect for some of my art supplies. "Can I get this one?" I ask Rian as I point at the desk.

"Nice choice." He says as he carefully lifts up one of the boxes and places it into the cart.

Next, we go to find a desk chair. I find a chair that I think looks nice and sit in it. "This one is comfortable," I tell him, "Can I get this one?" I ask.

Rian checks the price, "Yeah." He replies. The chairs didn't come in boxes you just had to push it to the checkout, at least it had wheels. "Anything else you want?" He asks.

I take a moment to think, "Nope." I reply simply.

Rian pushes the cart to the check out while I push the chair. Once we're done paying for our items we walk outside. The cold Baltimore air hits me like a bag of bricks. I stop to zip up my jacket as I start shivering. When we get in the car Rian turns on the heater and slowly but surely the car begins to heat up. "Home or mall first?" He asks.

"Can we go to the mall first?" I ask politely.

"The mall it is." He says happily as we pull out of the parking lot.

When we pull up to the mall I open the door to get out, the warmth of the car escaping as the heat trapped under my skin attempts to leave. The goosebumps on my arms makes me uncomfortable but I choose to pay them no mind as I continue walking. When we get into the mall, after what feels like hours of walking through the cold, I immediately feel overwhelmed, never being in the mall before felt sort of weird. 

"Any stores in mind?" Rian asks from beside me.

"I don't know, I've never been to the mall before." I reply honestly.

"Well then I know exactly where we should start." He says.

He pulls me towards a store called Hot Topic, "Here," He says as he pulls out his wallet and hands me a lot of cash, "three-hundred should be enough." He smiles.

"Oh my god no I can't take your money." I say as I try to give it back to him.

"No its okay, you can get a decent amount of clothing with that much." He smiles.

"Aren't you going in with me?" I ask.

"I'm just going to wait out here, there's a good chance I'll be recognized and I don't want to accidentally pull you into the spotlight yet." He explains.

"Oh, okay." I reply. When I enter the store I notice its mainly filled with band T-shirts. There is also anime merchandise and popular TV show merchandise. I now understand what he meant. I pick out a bunch band T-shirts from bands I like and a few pairs of clearance skinny jeans in my size. I find a Peirce The Veil sweatshirts with the Misadventures album art on the front. I notice a rack of cute tank tops with a sign that says "Buy One Get One 10$" the price of each tank top is about twenty dollars so I decided to buy fours of them. One was red with mesh thin-straps. On the front was a muted black, skull design. The second tank top was a gray halter top style with black sparkly skulls on the front. The third tank top was yellowish, almost like an old paper, with music notes wrapping around it. The last tank top was black with a white outline of a rib cage and spine so that it matched up with mine. When I checked out my total came out to about 230$ which felt like a lot to me. I felt bad for spending so much money but Rian did give it to me to spend.