31

Dad and Papa were very serious about staying around me the whole time. It felt a little weird but I was happy to have their company, especially since they seem happy together right now.

Papa still was not happy that we did not go home right away. He says he spoke to the owner of warped tour and that he said he had been made aware of past "accusations" regarding Austin Jones but Austin Jones "Did nothing wrong" and that these are "Only accusations". My parents were not thrilled.

My parents said that unless we pressed charges and won then, Kevin Lyman, the owner of warped tour, won't do anything about him. It felt like everyone was trying to protect him and no one aside from my friends and family believed me.

I understand them wanting to go home early but I really wish they would not. To me it does not seem like that big of a deal since Austin is easy to avoid. But I guess that still involves some level of risk. Luckily he has not tried to contact me, even though I know he has my number.

"Dad, papa," I interrupt, "Can I have a friend over to the bus?" I ask.

"Who?" Papa asks curiously.

"Johnnie." I reply.

"A boy?" Papa raises his eyebrow.

"Johnnies the one who saved me." I reply.

"Isn't there any girls you would rather hang out with?" Papa asks.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Yes, you can invite Johnnie over." Dad shoots a glare at papa.

"Thanks dad." I smile before leaving.

I crawl into my bunk and lay down in my comfortable pillows. I pull out my phone, "Hey" I text Johnnie, "Wanna hang out at my bus?" I ask over text message.

I lock my phone and stare at the ceiling of my bunk until I feel it buzz. I unlock my phone and check my messages. "Sure wheres ur bus?" Johnnie replied over text.

"Meet me by the gate?" I reply.

"K" he responded.

"Dad, I'm going to meet Johnnie by the gate." I announce as I enter the area of the bus that my parents are in.

"I'm coming with you." Dad announces back.

"Okay." I knew that he was going to say that.

Dad and I walked to the main gate of the tour bus area and waited for Johnnie. Shortly after getting there Johnnie arrived to the gate.

"Hey." He greets happily. His black eye was finally beginning to fade but I still felt horribly for having put him in that situation too begin with.

"Hey, let's go back to my bus I have a lot to tell you." I replied.

Johnnie, my dad, and I all make our way back to the bus. Dad immediately resumes talking and hanging out with papa while Johnnie and I go to the back lounge. "So," I begin as I shut the door, "I told my parents what happened." I explained.

"Is that why you suddenly have a bodyguard?" Johnnie asked.

"Yeah." I replied, "It's kinda nice though," I shruged, "They're finally getting along."

"Oh, cool," Johnnie replied awkwardly.

"Oh, so, anyway," I begin, "I convinced them to stay on tour for a few more days before going home." I explain.

"You're going home?" Johnnie asked.

"They said it is not safe for me to stay here on tour so we're going to be leaving after the Maryland show." I replied

"That's so soon." Johnnie seemed sad.

"Yeah," I shruged, "I don't want to leave but I don't exactly have a choice." I replied, "Plus I totally understand where they're coming from."

"Yeah, I get it, but I'm going to miss you." Johnnie said.

"Well, you can always text me." I shrugged.

"But it won't be the same." Johnnie explained.

"I guess not, but it's okay," I replied, "I'll miss you though."

"You should come to California, visit us." Johnnie says, "maybe we could have you in a video if you're comfortable with it."

"That'd be awesome!" I reply happily, "I'll make sure we come see you some time!"

Just then there was a light knock on the door before it opened.

"Hi, I just wanted to check on you two." Dad says as he peeks inside.

"Hi dad!" I wave happily.

He smiles and waves back.

"We're okay in here, don't worry." I reassure.

"Okay, just wanted to check on you." He says, "yell if you need anything." Dad says before leaving and closing the door behind him.

"Hey!" I say excitedly.

"What?" Johnnie asks calmly.

"You need to show me your music still." I demand.

"Huh? What?" He says in surprise.

"I'm leaving soon you need to show me something." I demand.

"I don't have any recordings." He nervously scratches his neck as he looks away.

"Lies! I don't believe you," I state, "there's no way you don't have at least one recording."

"Well they aren't good!" He defends himself.

"I don't believe that." I state.

"Well, believe it?" He replies in an unsure tone.

"If you don't want to show me something," I begin, "then sing me something instead." I finish.

"Sing?" He sounded more shocked.

"Yes, I need to hear your music."

"But I'm no good." He was fidgeting in his seat.

"Yes you are." I state very matter of factly.

"How would you know?" He asks.

"I just know." I reply, "now sing!"

"But-"

"Sing, sing, sing, sing," I cut him off by chanting.

"Okay, okay." He quiets me down.

I just smile and wait expectantly for him to sing me something.

"Oh my." He sighs and rubs his face.

Johnnie takes a deep breath and closes his eyes before he begins singing. He swayed side to side ever so slightly as he sang. His voice was quiet yet beautiful. I loved everything about his singing. I could listen to him song for hours and still be happy.

When he finished singing his body visibly tensed up before he hesitantly opened his eyes.

"That was amazing!" I say excitedly.

"It was?" He questions.

"Yes! Oh my god, you have an amazing voice!" I was extremely happy for him.

"Oh, th-thank you." He was nervous.

"I really love your singing." My smile softens as I calm down.

That's when he looks at me and smiles back.

"Stella," the way he says my name just sounds right, "I-" he pauses and thinks about his next words, "I am really going to miss you."

My heart flutters at his words.

But that's when the realization hits me.

I think I was catching feeling.

This can not happen.