22

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling extremely tired, and not wanting to get up. I stayed in my bunk, laying and enjoying the comfort for a bit. I could not muster up the strength to get up yet.

After a few minutes of laying down, I hear the bus door open, "What was that?" I hear papas voice ask in an angry tone.

"What do you mean?" I hear dad reply in a defensive tone.

"I mean, you and Jack on stage like that!" He accuses.

"We always do that!" Dad defends, "You know this, you've been on that stage with us for years." 

"It seems different now." Papa defends his own stance.

"Wait, hush." Dad says suddenly.

"What- Alex?" Papa says.

"No, no, I just don't know if Stella is still in here." He says.

"Could she still be asleep?" Papa wonders quietly.

I heard footsteps approaching the bunk area so I pretend to be fast asleep. "She must have been tired." Dad says after opening my curtain.

"Should we wake her?" Papa asks.

"No, let her sleep, she has the next few months to get caught up on all the bands." Dad replies.

I hear nothing but receding footsteps. After a minute I hear papa sigh, "Alex?" He asks.

"Yeah?" Dad replies.

"Did you..." He pauses, "Did you cheat on me?" He asks sounding sad.

"What?" Dad says in shock.

"Did you?" Papa asks suddenly more emotional sounding.

"No!" Dad defends, "I would never cheat on you, I love you."

"I just..." He trails off, "I don't know, somethings just felt off lately, you've been spending so much time with Jack, and then seeing you two on stage like that has just really been messing with my head." Papa admits.

"I would never cheat on you." Dad admits, "I love you, I married you because I love you and only you." He explains.

"You promise nothing has been going on?" Papa asks.

"Of course." Dad replies.

Papa lets out a sigh, "Okay, I believe you."

The room falls silent again. I wait for a few minutes, unsure of what to do. When I feel like the appropriate amount of time has passed I finally get out of my bunk. I stay as quiet as possible as I make my way to the bathroom. The air was tense and I did not want to let on that I knew anything.

I brushed my hair and teeth and put on a fresh change of clothes. I took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom. My parents were sitting at the dinette table, papa had his face in his hands and dad had a guilty look on his face.

"Hey, good morning." Dad greets me softly when he notices that I entered the area.

Papa looks up at me, "Oh, good morning." He forces a smile at me, "How long have you been awake?" He asks.

I shrug in response, "Just woke up." I reply.

"We just got done preforming." Dad informs me.

"I really need to wake up  sooner and see one of your sets at some point." I reply.

"Do you want us to wake you up tomorrow before we leave?" Dad asks.

"Sure." I shrug.

"Okay." Dad replies.