38

I woke up to the sound of yelling coming from down stairs.

I carefully got out of bed and went to sit at the top of the stairs to listen in.

"No, I don't want you anywhere near this house!" Papa shouts.

"Please, just let me see the kids, they're my children too." I hear Dad plead.

Dad is here. My heart starts to race.

"You should have thought about that before you went and fucked your best friend." Papa sounded angry.

"You can't keep them from me!" He pleads.

"I own this house, my name is on the mortgage, you dont even have a bedroom for them to sleep in, who do you think the courts going to side with?" He asks.

"Please just let me see them." Dad sounded desperate.

I quietly start making my way down stairs. I see dad standing in the door way talking to papa. I could not control my self I missed him so much. I start running towards the door.

I crash into dad, wrapping my arms around him and start crying.

Dad and papa went silent.

"I miss you." I say through my tears.

"Oh, Stella, honey, I miss you too." Dad strokes my hair.

I cling to him tightly. "I dont want you to be gone."

"I'm sorry." He says quietly, "I've missed you so much, it's been killing me not being able to see you."

"Stella, sweet heart, your dad was just leaving." Papa places a hand on my shoulder.

"No!" I cry, "I dont want him to go!"

Jade cries could be heard over the baby monitor.

"Rian," dad states coldly, "Jade is crying, you should go check on her."

"Come on Stella." Papa says trying to gently pull me from Dad.

"No!" I cry as I clutch tighter to my father.

"Rian, the baby." Dad reminds.

"Yes, Alex, I know." Papa had venom lacing his tone.

"Go check on her." Dad instructs.

Papa sighs. I hear his foot steps retreating towards the stairs.

I pull away from the incredibly tight hug I was giving dad. "Please don't leave." I say with teary eyes, "I don't want you to go."

"I'm so sorry Stella," dad replies, "I promise to try to come see you more." He explains.

"I dont want you to go." I start sobbing , "please," I plead, "why can't we be happy like we used to be."

Dad looked broken, "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault."

"This isn't fair!" I cry, "I finally get a family and now its being torn apart."

"I'm so sorry." Dad replies as a tear falls from his eye, "I messed up."

"I want you gone." I hear papa's voice boom from behind me.

"Please," dad pleads, "let me see Jade."

"Get out." Papa states sternly.

"I just want to see my baby." He cries.

"Get out!" He yells.

Dad looks back at me, "I'm sorry." More tears start pouring from his eyes, "I love you." He pulls me into a hug.