8

"Hey, Dakota." I say as I take a seat next to my first and only friend at this school.

"Hey." She smiles.

"Did you do the homework?" I ask as I pull out my notebook that has my unfinished homework stuffed inside.

"Yeah, why?" She asks.

"I didn't do it." I inform as I pull out the homework. "Can I copy before she collects the home work?" I ask as I pull out a pencil.

"Why didn't you do it?" She asked as she hands me her finished work.

"Our family friend just got dumped and we were trying to cheer him up before he destroyed his liver." I explain as if it is nothing.

"Oof." She says.

I laugh but end the conversation as I rush through my work. When I finish the worksheet I hand her's back to her, luckily I finished before the teacher came around to collect everyone's homework. After the teacher collected our homework she set the stack on her desk and turned on the smart board, pulling up the notes for today's lesson. Dakota and I only talk when we aren't taking notes because we both care about our grades. I color code my notes with different colored pens and keep my paper neatly organized so that when I need to look back at my notes I won't be confused by scribbles.

The teacher hands out works sheets, "You can work with a partner for this one." She informs us.

Dakota scans the paper before deciding, "I get front you get back then we share answers?" She asks.

"Sounds like a plan." I smile.

I work on the first problem, plugging the numbers into the formula we just learned. "We are sitting together at lunch right?" She asks.

"Of course." I reply as I plug the numbers into my calculator.

"We should hang out soon, outside of school." Dakota suggests.

"Where?" I ask.

"Anywhere, the mall, my house, your house, a crack house." She makes a joke with the last part.

"Definitely, the crack house." I joke as I write the answer down.

She laughs, "For real though we should." She says.

"I'm going to have to do a background check on you then." I joke.

"Oh yeah, like what?" She laughs. I look up at her and put down my pencil, no longer interested in math.

"What's your music taste?" I ask.

"Same as yours it seems." She says as she gestures to my Pierce The Veil sweatshirt.

"I approve." I try to say with a straight face.

"Girls, work." The teacher warns.

I pick up my pencil to make it look like I'm thinking about the worksheet but I completely ignore it, figuring I could just do it for homework.

"Top five bands?" I ask.

She takes a moment to think, "Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Of Mice and Men, Sum 41, and All Time Low." She states happily, "In that order."

"You have good taste." I nod, "Could we hang out at your place?" I ask, not wanting to out my parents to a fan. 

At first, I found my parents situation odd since they would have a more than accepting audience, however, I realized that it would ruin their shows, they wouldn't be able to sell Jalex on stage anymore because everyone knows that Alex and Rian are married. It's probably annoying enough with Alex and Jack flirting on stage in front of Rian. That's what really sells their concerts to fans though, fangirls go nuts over Jalex, they make it even more entertaining.