10

"Thanks, dad." I say with a smile as I open the car door.

"If you need anything you have mine or Rians numbers," He informs, "I'm going to be at Jacks house." He explains.

"Tell Jack I say hi." I smile as I step out of the vehicle, "Bye, dad!" I say happily as I shut the car door.

I make my way to the front yard as I tug my Pierce The Veil hoodie down to straighten it out. I hesitate for a moment before bringing my hand up to knock on the door. The door swings open, revealing an older woman with brown hair and blue eyes. "You must be Stella." She smiles widely, "Come in, Dakota's up stairs." She smiles.

I step inside the house with a shy smile as I hear dads car drive off. Dakota's mother shuts the door behind me before turning to the staircase, "Dakota, your little friend is here!" She shouts loudly. I cringe at the fact that she sounded exceedingly condescending.

Dakota comes happily running down stairs, "Hey!" She says excitedly as she reaches the bottom hopping off the second to last step to get to the bottom faster.

"Don't run down the stairs." Her mother scolds.

Dakota rolls her eyes and ignores her mother, "Wanna hang out in my room?" She asks.

"Uh, sure." I smile at her.

"Cool." She says before turning around and quickly walking up the stairs. I follow behind her much slower.

When we make it to her room I examine her items. Her room is small and painted white. She has dark hardwood floors that contrast the walls. The walls are littered with posters and pictures of her favorite memories. The only furniture in the room is a desk, desk chair, and her bed. Her bed was messy, you could see her black sheets under her dark gray fluffy blanket. Dakota takes a seat on her bed and pats the spot beside her. I hesitate for a moment before sitting down.

"Wanna listen to music?" She asks me.

"Sure." I shrug.

She scrolls through her phone before playing Hold On Till May by Peirce the Veil. "Can I do your make up?" She asks.

"I guess." I laugh nervously.

She quickly stands up and walks to her closet. She slides open the door and pulls out a box before closing the door and walking back to the bed. She sets the box between us and pulls the lid off. The box was full of makeup, "I'm not going to do a full face since our skin tones are different but I will do the other stuff." She explains to me.

"Dope." I nod.

She pulls out a large pallet and some brushes, "Close your eyes." She instructs, "So, any cute guys you like?" She asks.

"They're all gross." I reply with a soft laugh, "You?"

"Well, there is this one guy," She trails off.

"Oh?" I say with amusment, "Spill." I demand.

"Well, you dont know him but he's blond and has the most amazing blue eyes." She replies as she continues to work on my makeup.

"What's his name?" I ask.

She doesnt reply for a moment, "You don't know him but, let's call him Orange." she replies.

"Why a color?" I ask curiously.

"Not a color, a fruit." She replies. I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Why a fruit then?" I question.

"I don't know, I refer to all of my crushes as fruit." She replies.