6

My alarm blares early in the morning, screaming at me to wake up from my deep, comfortable, sleep. I turn my alarm off and begrudgingly climb out of my bed. I put on my black, ripped, skinny jeans and my new long sleeve All Time Low t-shirt. I pick up my Pierce The Veil sweatshirt and pull it over my head, knowing that it'll be extremely cold outside seeing as it is early January. 

"Happy new year." I mumble to my self, still rather annoyed by the short duration of time allotted.

I walk downstairs with a yawn half expecting my parents to already be awake. My fathers were not awake yet, I internally groaned as I made my way back upstairs, I knock on the door rapidly, "Wake up someones gotta take me to school soon!" I shout before going to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.

I take a moment to look at my outfit, I ponder on the idea of adding a beanie but decide against it due to the fact that I will only have to take it off in class. I walk back downstairs to see a sleepy Alex sitting on the couch, waiting for me. "Hey, dad." I say as I take a seat next to him.

"Hey." He smiles at me.

"You look tired." I point out the obvious.

"That's because I am." He replies.

"Welcome to my world, I was doing this nearly every day before you adopted me." I smile at him as I get off the couch and slip on my vans that are sitting by the front door. "Ready?" I ask as I pick up my backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

"Yeah." He yawns as he gets up from the couch.

The car didn't fully warm up until we're about halfway to the school. It was a shame that the car wasn't able to heat up sooner, it's very cold outside and I am not particularly a fan of the weather in the winter. The car slows to a halt signaling that it's finally time for me to leave the comfortable warmth of the car. "It's cold are you sure I have to go?" I ask Alex.

He yawns before speaking, "Yeah, it's sort of required." He smiles at me encouragingly.

"Okay," I sigh, "I'll see you later then, I love you." I said as I opened the car door, letting the cold winter air surround me.

"I love you too baby girl." Dad smiles at me.

I make sure I have all my items before completely exiting the car. After closing the car door and watching the car drive away I take a deep breath in and out. I make my way to the large building that has an office sign on it. I pass the building that I assume is the cafeteria, given the side, and find building one with the office in it. I enter through the big glass doors into the overheated front office.

"Good morning." The lady at the desk smiles at me.

"Morning," I mumble back, "Uh, I'm new I need to get my schedule." I cringe at my awkward speech.

"Last name?" She asks as she looks down at her keyboard ready to type.

"Dawson." I reply.

"Stella?" She asks as she pulls something up on her desktop computer.

"Yup, that is me." I inform.

"Okay give me a moment to print out your schedule and I'll write you a pass to your first class." She says as she stands up from her desk chair and walks across to the printer. The paper slowly makes its way out of the printer. She pulls out the paper before walking back to her desk and taking a seat. She hands me the freshly printed, warm paper with a soft smile. She begins scribbling on a sticky note before handing it to me the note read, "Stella Dawson to class 8:10 am" then it had her messy signature underneath it.

"Thank you." I say happily before anxiously leaving the building.

I look at my time's table to see that my first class is math in room 1005, that means my class is in building ten, the other side of campus. I quickly make my way across campus in the cold winter air, when I make it to my first classroom door I stop outside, taking a deep breath before twisting the doorknob and opening the door. The teacher was a middle-aged woman with shoulder-length, dyed blonde hair. She wasn't on the younger end because her wrinkles were still very much prominent, however, she doesn't seem old either.