36

"Dad!" I yell as I run down the stairs, "Papa!" In my excitement I had not realized I was interrupting a serious conversation, but I did not care.

"What?" Dad asked with concern as he held Jade in his arms.

"What happened?" Papa was shocked by my shouting.

"Look!" I shove my phone screen in both of their faces, "Johnnie just sent me this news article."

"YouTuber Austin Jones sentenced to ten years in prison for soliciting child pornography." Dad reads the title of the article out loud.

"Oh god." Papa was a mixture of shock and disgust.

"They got him!" I yell in excitement, "He's finally in prison!"

"That's amazing sweetie," Dad replies, "I wonder how many other victims he had." Dad had a sad look in his face.

"Well there wont be any new ones!" My excitement could not be ruined.

"Is it alright if I tell the guys the good news?" Dad asks.

"Of course!" I reply excitedly, "I'll text you both the article.

"We should go out for icecream." Papa says, "to celebrate the good news."

"Best idea ever." I reply happily.

"You two go have fun, I finally got Jade to calm down i dont want to ruin that." He says, still with the baby in his arms.

"We'll just have to eat your icecream then." I reply, "right papa?"

"Sounds like you're just trying to get more icecream out of me." He laughs.

"Okay, lex' we'll see you in a bit then." Papa says before grabbing his keys.

Dad blows us a kiss and we wave our goodbyes.

"What kind of icecream are you going to get?" I ask as we drive to the ice cream shop, "I can't decide if i want mint chocolate chip, rocky road, or something else." I ramble.

"Those are both good options." Papa adds.

"Maybe I'll get both." I add, "one scoop of mint chip, one scoop of rocky road."

"That sounds like a great idea, maybe you should do that." Papa replies as he tries to focus on the road.

"I think I will." I say as we pull into the parking lot.

My phone buzzes in my pocket as we walk inside.

Johnnie texted me, "Bryan is trying to act like he had no idea that Austin was a pedo."

I text him back, "Bryan is such a scummy little snake."

"I'll have," papa thinks for a moment, "a scoop of just regular chocolate and a scoop of rocky road." He places his order as the employee scoops the icecream into  cone for him, "and my daughter wanted a scoop of mint chip and a scoop of rocky road."

After papa pays for the icecream he pulls some cash out of his wallet and places it in the tip jar. The employee thanks him for his generosity.

We sit down at the table and I text johnnie with one hand and eat my icecream with the other. "How's everyone else doing?"

Johnnie texts back immediately, "everyone's celebrating this small victory."

"He deserved more than 10 years." I text back.

"Who are you texting?" Papa asks.

"Just johnnie." I reply with a smile before setting my phone face down on the table, "does this mean we can go back to warped tour next year?" I ask excitedly.