Chapter 18

"have you seen Alina?" Petra asked the others at the dining table...Alina is after all, still a part of the Elite squad although Levi quite isolated her and Alina too isolated herself from the others after his order...

"no...why?" they all looked at her and she sighed...

"well. I wonder if she wants to you know...have dinner." They all stiffened.

"Petra...seriously? She tried to kill you days before and you're still concerned about her?" Oluo asked and Petra nodded her head.

"I...I talked to her the other day." They all widened their eyes and looked at her.

"she didn't do anything to you, right?" Petra smiled and then shook her head.

"no. we talked to each other...it's pretty nice. It feels like I was talking to her months before." She said that made them all look at her in surprise.

"l-let's go talk to her...maybe she'll talk to us," Christa said and then stood up making Ymir rolls her eyes.

"let's go look for her," Sasha said and then they sighed before looking for her hoping this time she won't turn them down...

"where are you all going?" Hanji looked at them in confusion and they smiled at her giving a salute.

"Hanji-san...do you know where Alina is?" Petra said smiling...

"Uhm...well, she might be on the rooftop." She said confused so they all smiled at her.

"thank you Hanji-san." They said and then walked towards the rooftop

...their eyes widened when they saw her there and tried to go but they stopped when they saw her wiping her face...she kept on wiping her face until she decided to stop and just cry there. Standing while looking at the stars, she's crying.

"Alina..." Eren whispered.

Alina just cried there while clenching her fist and then she eventually kneeled like she lost her strength, still looking at the stars.

They looked at each other thinking if they should leave her first or go and comfort her.

"w-we have to comfort her...she's sad. She's crying again..." Christa said and tried to go but they all stiffened when they saw a figure from the dark side who approached Alina.

"C-Captain..." Eld whispered when they saw Levi took off his green coat and then covered Alina with it.

"stop crying, stupid." Alina just bowed her head and clenched his coat...silently crying.

That's the only way she knows how to deal with the pain...other than kill, it's crying...she ended up sitting on the ground while shaking.

Levi sighed before he sat beside her, elbow on his bended knee, looking at the stars.

"Alina. You've grown so much." Alina stiffened in shock and then remained bowing...Levi just brushed his hair using his fingers and then continued.

"But until now, you can't still look at me in the eyes." Alina gulped before wiping her tears that keep on falling.

"you aren't that weak young girl already."

"I...I don't understand...why are you saying that?" Alina asked him almost whispering...

"I don't fucking know...looking at your messy appearance makes me wanna clean it. you know I hate mess." Alina gulped before clenching his coat tightly hugging herself.

"I'm sorry." She just said. Levi just raised his brow before he spoke.

"tomorrow is the 57th expedition...it'll be your first time to go outside the walls and fight titans."