Chapter 43

“but…I’m the queen…and I want to save them…they are still…my people,” Historia said. Alina smiled at her.

“you’re a kind queen, Historia…if only everyone is as kind as you…I think we’re all going to be fine. But you know…even the most powerful person…can never rescue every single one who needs help…because even that person has a limit. We’re humans…Historia. There’s a limit to the things we can do.” She said to her.

“but Alina…is there…even if just some of them…some of those thirty kids can get out of there…” she said. Alina looked at Levi who just looked at her. She bowed her head and then tapped Historia’s shoulder…

“what if…we do it this way, we’ll rescue these kids first and then…we’ll find a way for the other girls, will that make you fine?” she said gently smiling at her.

Historia looked at her and then saw her sweet smile.

“r-right…w-we’ll find a way.” She said

“now that’s the spirit, Historia,” Jean said with a smile.

“I told you, it’s useless.” The bandit said making Alina turn her head and glared at him deadly…

“shut the fuck up asshole. Or maybe you don’t need your tongue anymore?” she asked him so he immediately gulped.

“n-no…w-we already showed you where they are…w-we’ll leave.” He said as they all run away.

The others looked at Alina and then at those kids…

“let’s look at the first,” Hanji said.

“right…” Alina agreed going closer to them. As they get close, they can smell the stench coming from them, obviously, they never took a bath. Some of the MP were disgusted and were afraid to go near…but Historia endured the smell and still went there, Alina too approached them looking at them.

“Levi…I wonder, you’re not like this…” Erwin said earning a deadly glare from Levi.

“shut the fuck up, Erwin…” Hanji just laughed.

“well, Levi is a neat freak, this will never happen to him,” she said.

“what do you want?!!” the kids shouted at Historia who tried to speak to them. They were so violent and they even dared to attack her but Alina who is on her side interfered blocking the kid’s punch. She caught his fist and then looked at him.

“kid, better not do that.” She said to him but the kid laughed mocking her.

“hah!!! Do you even know where you are?! you are in the underground city!! We can do what we want!!” he said and then slid a knife out from his sleeves in their surprise. Alina dodged it and then pulled Historia away.

“Alina! Historia!” they said looking at the two. The kid smirked at them playing with the knife.

“oh, we have a lost assassin here,” Alina said smirking too.

“so what?!! you people from the surface don’t know how we survive here, give us your belongings!!” he said and the other kids brought out their knives in their surprise.

“W-What!!” Jean said.

“I knew it!!! those bandits tricked us!!!” the MPs said…

“Oi, stupid,” Levi said.

“what?” Alina asked him too.

“what’s taking you so long?” he asked her. She stiffened before she sighed.

“right…Captain. I’m sorry, I’ll finish them quickly.” She said as they look at her…

“w-what do you mean…finish them?” Eren asked. Alina looked at the kids and then smiled.