Chapter 24

Fast forward:

In the cart, Alina, Levi, Hanji, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and a wallist priest are sitting while they're going to see what happened and how the wall was breached again.

All of them are silent. Hanji is looking at a stone and Alina also looked at the stone she's holding...Alina is in the center of the priest and Levi while in front of them are Eren, Mikasa, and Armin who are also silent...

"What should we do?" Armin asked that caught their attention.

"to think that Rose would suddenly be breached...what option do we even have left to us, even going with Eren to the damaged spot, I can't imagine it going well."

"and...why are taking a wallist priest with us?" he asked looking at the priest. Hanji looked at the priest and then wrapped her arm around his stiffened shoulder.

"Oh! Nick and I are good buddies, right?!!" she asked with sparkling eyes and a bright smile...Alina just looked at her and then laughed while the others looked at them in awkwardness. Alina just can't stop laughing at the expression of the priest. He's so scared of Hanji.

"ahahah, you're so scared old man. Don't worry, Hanji there is a very very good friend...even to titans." She said with an evil smile that made the priest gulp even more. The three stayed silent looking at Alina and Hanji who are making fun of the priest.

Alina even went closer to the priest trying to intimidate him but Levi pulled her towards him grasping her back collar.

"oh!" she said in surprise as she furrowed her brows wriggling trying to remove his grasp.

"this priest knew there were titans inside the walls but kept it a secret until now," Hanji said. Alina stopped struggling and then looked at the priest who remained bowing.

"I don't know but it seems like he's serious about dying before spilling the truth. But still, their church knows some secrets about the walls." Hanji said.

"Huh?!!" Eren screamed trying to stand but Mikasa pulled him down...Alina sighed thinking why this kid is so impulsive.

"calm down, you're still tired from transforming." Mikasa urged him

"We could've asked some believers but he chose to come with us," Hanji said to them. Alina just looked at the priest thinking does she have to torture him to talk.

"since the situation is different now, let's see how he can keep his principles after seeing how things are." Hanji just sighed.

"he said he's going to judge with his own eyes and then he's going to ask himself," Hanji said...Alina raised her brow and then chuckled a little...

"w-wait...but that's ridiculous. If there's something you know, please tell us. How could anything be more important than the extinction of humankind?" Eren asked. Alina then looked at him before he spoke.

"you know Eren...when you know that someday you are going to die, then it's better to just enjoy yourself. Do you know what I mean? Temporary pleasure. He's enjoying his life inside that wall together with those pigs and rats. There's no way he'll give it up for people he doesn't even have any relationship with." Eren looked at Alina and they stayed silent...

"I wonder...the minister looks like a righteous man of good judgment. But on the other hand, perhaps there is really more important to him than the extinction of humanity." Hanji said.

Levi pulled Alina and then slipped his hand across her back in her surprise...the others were so focused on the priest and the others are focused thinking that they didn't notice what Levi did.