Chapter 23

Annie transformed into a titan and then that's when the mess happened.
The three ran underground.

"Damn that ring...she knew this was an ambush from the start," Armin said.

"what do we do now?" Mikasa asked him.

"We join with the squad above ground and Eren, you have to fight Annie. Turn into a titan and capture her. You can do that, right?" Armin said.

"yes," Eren answered him.

"Hey, did plan A failed?!" a man asked them from the above-ground who entered from the other side as they ran towards him.

"yes! Please proceed to plan B!" Armin yelled. Suddenly, a foot smashed the two scouts and the ground collapsed. The wind and dust blew as the three stopped in shock.

"She stomped right through?!!" Armin yelled.

"We have to rescue them!" Eren said but Mikasa pulled him by his cloak.

"Eren, stay back!" She said

"that titan!! Is she going to kill Eren?!" She asked.

"She gambled...assuming that Eren will not die. It's reckless but it's more dangerous." Armin said as they ran back.

"Annie will stop at nothing to get Eren." He added and Mikasa glared at the way. They kneeled on the ground.

"what do we do now? Our way is blocked. She'll attack us the moment we use our gears. But unless we do...she'll crush us here." Armin said as Annie stomped another foot crashing the other way.

"I'll get us out like the time I stopped the cannon," Eren said but no matter how much he bites his hand, he can't turn into a titan. He cried as Mikasa and Armin kneeled before him.

"Eren...don't tell me you're still hesitating?" Mikasa asked him.

"Eren, Annie turned into a titan in front of us. It's not an imagination! Or do you have special feelings for her that you keep on hesitating?"

Mikasa stared at him intensely.

"What?!!" Eren yelled at her.

"I have a plan...we'll go our separate ways, I will go out simultaneously together with Mikasa. From that hole to one another. When she reacts, Eren, you escape from the other way." Armin said and then pulled his hood on.

"wait! That means...one of you is going to die!" Eren exclaimed.

"We don't have a choice! Otherwise, we all die here together!" Armin said.

"Mikasa, let's go." He said and Mikasa prepared her blades and nodded to Armin.

"Mikasa...Armin...how...how are you...able to you fight?!" they turned their heads to Eren who is kneeling and crying.

"We don't have a choice Eren."

"the world is a cruel place," Mikasa said as she puts on her hood and then ran. Eren stiffened as he looks at them. He remembered Alina's words.

Mikasa was caught in Annie's hands but she managed to free herself...she looked at Armin who is now beside Eren who is currently bloody and unconscious half buried under some rubbles.

"Eren!! Eren!! wake up!!" Armin yelled waking Eren up while Mikasa fights with Annie.

******************
Erwin, Levi, and the others who were stopped by the MP looked at the side when they saw a yellow light indicating someone transformed.

"w-what's going on?!" the MP asked and pointed his gun to Erwin...

Jean is still inside the carriage nervously waiting while in front of him is Levi and Alina. Jean looked at Alina and then gulped when he was met by the captain's glare too...Alina just looked outside not caring about what's going on.