Chapter 30

Now, where are they?

They're flocked in a room. Alina, Eren, Christa, Armin Mikasa, and the other kids. Except for Levi who is currently wearing an apron, gloves, and under the ground, torturing the interior MP.

"now, now...are we just going to wait here?" Eren asked them. They looked at her and then Alina talked.

"Not unless you wanna see Levi removing someone's teeth?" she asked and they all widened their eyes in shock.

"Is the...is the captain really torturing the interior police?" Connie asked in fear and Alina smiled.

"you wanna see it?" she asked and they gulped.

"b-but...w-why does he need to torture him?" Sasha.

"My, Sasha...you're still a kid. Aren't you?"

"what do you mean?"

"This is how military police works, Sasha. That is exactly what they did to that wallist priest...this is normal."

"normal?! Torturing someone isn't normal." Eren said.

"Eren...in our world, this is normal...you...almost every one of you, I know most of you grew up with loving families...right?" she asked them and they all stiffened and looked at her who just sighed.

"I'm right...I guess, you never experienced the cruelty of the world that much, not until you joined the survey corps." She said...

"What...did you...no. what have you gone through?" Armin asked her and everyone stared at her too. Alina froze a bit and then smiled at them...

"you, kids. Are you that curious about how I lived?" she asked them and they all nodded. She then stiffened before smiling thinking about the time they had...they have plenty of time to spare and looking at these kids, their expressions, they looked so scared.

Maybe a little storytelling will ease up their fear. They just kidnapped two higher rank interior police after all and the captain is torturing him...

"hmmm...I guess I can spare you some of my time." She said and then they immediately went closer to her...

"the life underground...is very difficult. You can't live there if you can't fight...they will take advantage of you. they'll rob you, kill you, beat you, rape you and even sell you there." Their eyes widened in shock after what they heard.

"w-what?"

"it's what I said...when you're going to live there, you have to know how to fight...that's the only way you can survive. For someone like me...who came from the underground, I have to fight for everything I want and I need...the food there isn't as tasty as the food here. There aren't stars, no sky, no trees, no fresh air...sometimes, the water comes from the sewage...there's hardly enough clean water there...even the houses are something they're fighting for." She said...they just looked at her with those eyes full of shock and disbelief.

"We have to rob anything we need. Sure people from here, on the surface, call us lowly creatures and criminals because of what we did...but imagine if you're in our situation where you have to go hungry for how many days, or not drink water for how many days, or to be beaten up with no reason at all, or to get kidnapped and then sold to those brothels...if you are going to experience those...if you know you're going to end up in that situation, the only choices are to give up or to fight...I chose to fight..." she said.

"it must...be...hard," Armin said and she smiled taking a deep breath.

"of course...it is hard. Girls who are at your age were being sold to the brothels...whether they were kidnapped and got sold, their parents sold them or they sold themselves for food." She said...their eyes widened and Sasha and the other girls gulped.