Chapter 32

"h-how...can the captain do that?" Jean asked them while they're surrounding the table talking to each other...

Eren and Historia are already gone...playing the role of hostage directed by Erwin with the help of Reeves who acted as the middleman.

Jean clenched his fist just as Alina walked in...Jean looked at her and so is Sasha...while the others remained bowing down. Alina sighed when she saw a bit of anger there.

"if you're angry, just shout at me," she said and then sat in front of Jean who froze in shock. The others also looked at her. And Jean gritted his teeth.

"why...why...didn't you help her when she was choked by the captain?" he asked in anger...

"I'll ask you the same. Why didn't you help her when captain Levi choked her? Weren't you friends?" they all froze there and Jean can't say a word...he clenched his fist and gritted his teeth in anger.

"as much as I know...you've known her for how many years compared to me...then why didn't you help her?" no one can talk.

"why? Why does it look like you're blaming me?"

no one still talked and they bowed their heads...because it's true...they're partly blaming her.

"is it my fault that he did that to her? You're looking at me angrily as if I was the one who choked her..." she said...

"A-Alina..." Sasha spoke looking at her...they looked at her and they saw a bit of sadness in her eyes.

"n-no...I-I didn't mean to..." Jean said realizing she's right...they're blaming the wrong person here.

"w-we just thought...y-you can stop the captain," Connie said.

"kids...I'll tell you one thing. If he wants something, he'll get it, his decision isn't something that anyone can easily change."

She looked at them...Jean relaxed his hand...it seems like he already calmed down.

"It must've hurt to see your friend being beaten by someone...I know that feeling too...I've been there before...a lot..." she said. They looked at her and she sighed.

"the feeling that you can't help because you know you can't win....trust me, I understand that desire. But kids, you have to think first before you act...there are things we can't solve in peace talks, some need a little agitation. What he did earlier is forcing Historia to take the throne...by using that method. You may think she's still a child but we've been through hell already. Being lifted by him is nothing compared to the moment we all face the titan." She said...they sighed listening to her.

"well...your captain is way scarier than titans but what he's doing is necessary...we don't have time....Historia doesn't have the time to think...every second we're here, we're thinking about what will happen next...the scouts are being suppressed by the government because we already know many things they wanted to hide...we're sacrificing men every second to protect Eren and Historia..." she said.

"many people are dying. That's what your captain is trying to say...that we need a proper ruler...someone who understands the situation...someone who can help us and the people...that's the only way scouts can move and retake the walls from those titans." She said...

"I hope...you understand." She said and all of them bowed down thinking about everything.

"kids...right now, this is our best option....the central government is our main enemy. They suppress us, they push us to our deaths, they accuse us...they can basically twist the situations to their liking. I know...Historia is still a kid. She's still a child to be the queen and take a very very big responsibility...you're worried she can't take it...and that's what she worries about. That she's unfit for the throne."