Chapter 58

Alina is on the rooftop...staring at the sky...

"Here you are, Alina!!!" She looked at whoever called her. It was Mikasa. She's smiling...she's with Armin and the kids. Matt and the assassins are not present. Alina looked at them in surprise thinking how they found her here...

"Kids! Why are you here?"

They approached her and then looked at the sky too.

"We're looking for you." Armin smiled at her.

"Looking for me? Why? Did something happen?" She immediately asked them so they looked at each other and then laughed...

"Nothing. We just didn't see you...why are you alone here?" Mikasa asked her so she sighed before looking at the sky...

"Because...I can see the sky." They looked at her and then Connie asked her.

"Well...as long as you are outside you can see the sky." He said so, Alina smiled and nodded.

"You're right Connie...but being on this rooftop...means something to me."

Connie widened his eyes and then looked at her. She smiled before reaching her hand towards the sky.

"I...feel like I am closer to the sky when I'm here...I feel...closer to them."

They looked at her who closed her eyes and then took a deep breath.

"A...Alina? Are you okay?" Sasha asked her holding her shoulder so Alina nodded.

"Yes...don't worry, Sasha." She said and smiled at her.

"Well...Uhm you know, you can talk to us too." She said scratching her head so Alina chuckled before holding her hands and she looked at the kids...

"All of you, come closer." She said so they looked at each other before walking even closer.

"Sasha..." She looked at Sasha as she smiled.

She looked at everyone as she says their name.

"Connie...Jean...Mikasa"

"...Eren...Armin..."

They looked at her wondering why she's saying their names...they were worried about her. She gently smiled at them and then spreads her arms wide open.

"I want a group hug...can you----" before she can finish her sentence, Sasha hugged her...Mikasa followed and so are Armin and the others...

"Alina!!" Sasha said hugging her tight.

"I...I can't breathe!!! kids don't squeeze me." She said when they all tightly hugged her...they just laughed as they loosened a but before staying like that...silently feeling the hug...they all relaxed and let their emotions flow.

"Thank you...kids." She said softly, enough for them to hear.

"Thank you too, Alina...for being by our side," Mikasa said as she hugs her.

"Yeah...thank you, Alina," Jean said and smiled.

"Well...thank you to every one of us," Armin said so, Alina nodded and smiled.

After a while, they all let go of her and then took a deep breath before looking at the sky...sunset is near. That's why Alina is here.

They all took this chance to talk to each other freely as they watch the sunset...they all allowed themselves to relax and enjoy this short moment of happiness because they all know that the next days...or months won't be that good already.

**********

Right now, they are in the dining hall...and together with some recruits who are so optimistic and excited compared to Jean and the others...Alina on the other hand is with them too...silently eating hearing the excitement of those recruits.