Chapter 50

Alina entered the kitchen and she found Matt there, drinking water... they looked at each other and Alina smiled.

"good evening kid." She still said.

"I said, don't call me a kid. I have a name you know." He said to her so she just chuckled getting the tea in the cabinet. Matt looked at her who is brewing the tea...

"you like that tea?" he asked her...he looked at the black tea and then at Alina who just smiled...

"I prefer coffee..." she said.

"then why are you brewing tea?"

"well..." she said.

"Alina? Matt?" they looked at Armin who entered the kitchen yawning.

"Oh, Armin...can't asleep yet?" Alina smiled at him.

"ah...I just got thirsty...what about you?" he asked and then looked at them...he saw the tea and then he looked at Alina.

"is that for the captain?" he asked so she nodded in Matt's surprise.
"yes...he usually drinks black tea so I brewed some for him..." she said smiling.

"oh...maybe he can't sleep?" Armin asked her so she nodded her head.
"probably. You know your captain has insomnia...he's probably doing paper works even at this hour." She said.

"you're right...he should get some rest too," Armin said sighing as he pours the water into his cup.

"well yeah...those drugs for insomnia that Hanji gave to him are currently out of stock so...that bastard might stay awake for nights." She said as she pours the tea inside Levi's cup. Matt just looked at the two while listening.

"maybe you can persuade him to sleep..."

"hahahha...I'll get going then." Alina just said and then went out...

"Matt. Are you staying here?" Armin asked him.

"Hey...do you know the relationship of Alina and the captain?" Matt asked him in his surprise. He looked at Matt carefully before sighing.

"why'd you ask?"

"well. Those two seem like close together." He said...

"I don't know about them." Armin just said shrugging as he goes out.

*******************
Alina entered the office without bothering to knock.

"Oi, do you not know how to knock?" Levi asked her facing the papers in front of him.

"well...I'm holding something." She said approaching him and then putting down the cup of tea. He looked at the tea and then started writing again.

"captain...there's still tomorrow for your unending paper works. You should sleep." Alina said to him...

"Why are you here?"

"you're the one who told me to come here at night. I had some things to do earlier so I came a bit late knowing you're still awake at this hour...now, do you have the pendant?" she asked him...he looked at her and then took the cup.

"inside the drawer in my room." He said to her so she nodded and then stood up.

"I'll get it then." She said and then entered his room without asking permission.

Levi looked at her and then drank the tea before standing and then stretching his neck before going towards the room.

He leaned on the doorway watching her open the drawer located under the table. she then looked at the inside...