Chapter 33

All of them, especially Levi are really angry...he can't seem to register the fact that Alina was caught. In the first place, he didn't know why she knew that Kenny. No one dared to look at him because they can really see how angry he is.

Armin...also isn't in a good condition. He just killed a human.

*******************
Levi and the others are now in the woods, eating...

"Jean..." everyone looked at Armin.

"what?"

"there's something I don't understand...when I pulled the trigger I thought I'd be too late. I'm sorry but she already had a gun pointed at you...so, I can't stop wondering how was I able to shoot first?"

all of them fell silent...

"well..." Jean said.

"Jean."

Armin wanted to have an answer and this time, Levi was the one who gave it to him.

"because she hesitated for a moment, right?" he asked.

"huh?" Armin asked him.

"Armin, I'm sorry. I should've fired but I couldn't. and now..."

"so...that was it. the woman I killed must have been a good person. She was much more human than me. but I was able to pull the trigger right away. I'm..." Armin said staring at the ground.

"Armin. Your hands are already dirty." Levi said. "you can't go back to the way you were before."

"why would you say..." Mikasa said.

"Accept who you've become. If your hands were still clean, Jean probably wouldn't be here right now. You were able to pull the trigger like that because your friend was about to die." He said in their surprise.

They looked at him but they can't see any emotions at all...it seemed like he became much colder when Alina was abducted too...he still acts calmly but they can tell how much this blow affected him. even them...the only thing they can do right now is to hope she's okay... they believe she's strong...and that's what they're holding on to. The fact that she's Alina...someone who is the second to their captain...a strong woman.

"you're smart. You understood that in that situation, there's no room for hesitation. You knew we couldn't afford to lose anything if we wanted to keep hope alive...goods, horses, comrades." He continued.

"Armin. You saved us by getting your hands dirty and I am grateful." He said.

"Captain Levi...I thought your methods were wrong," Jean said bowing down.

The others too bowed down because whether they say it or not, they all think the same...even though they understand what Alina was talking about, they still think it's wrong to kill people.

The survey corps, Jean, Mikasa, and the others thought they'd just be killing titans outside the walls...but right now, Armin and Mikasa killed people. What should they think then?

"But I just want to think that." He continued. "I was just afraid of having to hurt others."

"But you weren't wrong...I was." He said admitting he's wrong. They saw it earlier themselves...how those people tried to kill them.

There can never be a compromisation between them...they saw how their captain, Mikasa, and Alina killed those people to protect them. And now, Alina was abducted too...

"I promise, I'll fire next time." He said.

"that's right. It was your hesitation that put us in danger." Levi said.