Chapter 38

"Kenny," Levi said to Kenny who is sitting under the tree, half of his face ruined and he's near the death's door.

"it's you." Kenny just said looking up.

"C-Captian." A soldier Levi's with talked.

"report back. I'm fine on my own." Levi said and then the soldier went back. Levi just looked at him silently and then observed the burns and bloodloss, pointing them out to him.

Kenny then revealed a titan transformation injection he swiped from Rod's bag in Levi's surprise.

"I'll be a stupid titan...but at least I got to live longer," Kenny said.

"you've had time and energy to inject yourself. Why didn't you?" Levi asked him.

"I wonder. If I don't do it right, I'll probably end up a mess like him."

"there's no way you'd sit around and wait to die. Don't you have a better excuse?" Levi asked him.

"sure, I don't want to die and I want power. But, oh...I think I just got it...why he did that." Kenny said.

"huh?"

"every last person I've seen was the same way. Whether it was booze, women or even god, family, the king...even dreams, children, power...they couldn't keep moving unless they were drunk on something. They were all slaves to something...even him." Kenny said. Levi then punched him with the gun.

"What are you!! A hero?!!" Kenny said coughing blood.

"Kenny! Tell me everything you know! Why doesn't the first king want humanity to survive?"  Levi asked him.

"as if I'd know...but it's the reason why we Ackermans opposed him," he said...

"my last name seems to be Ackerman too...who are you to my mother?" He asked him clenching his collar.

"hah! You idiot! I was just her brother." He said in his surprise.

"that day...why did you leave me?"

"because I can't be some kid's dad." He said shoving the box with an injection to Levi who looked at him in surprise.

"Kenny..." he said...

"that kid...Alina." He said to him.

"What did you inject her with?" he asked him immediately.

"just a serum that will force her to obey Rod, supposed to be...but now that Rod turned into a titan, she'll die too without the antidote." Levi widened his eyes and then gritted his teeth.

"where is the antidote?" he asked him.

"hah...Alina pledged her loyalty to someone else...instead of the royal family. And even with the effects of the serum, she still refused to obey the royal family and held on to her pledge. She might be feeling a terrible pain right now...unless she dies." He said. Levi glared at him.

"give me the antidote!!" he said and Kenny smirked...

"antidote...huh...you really want to save that Debrov?" he asked him.

"give me that fucking antidote, Kenny!" Levi yelled at him.

"it's useless..."

"w-what?"

"the antidote...is a bond. A bond between the knight and the king." Levi stared at him furrowing his brows.

"what bond are you talking about?"

"a bond between her and the person she recognized as her king...if I'm right, that must be you, Levi." He said in his surprise...

"a bond...how am I going to create a bond with her?" Kenny smirked at him and Levi glared.