chapter 22

"We found someone who we believe is the female titan." With this, every one of them froze including Alina.

"and this time will capture her without fail." Alina nodded in response...

"we'll carry out the operation when we arrive at Stohess district on our way to our appearance in the capital. It'll be our first and only opportunity. If we fail, Eren will be handed to the authorities making it difficult to pursue who destroyed the walls. It could even increase the likelihood of human annihilation. We will stake everything in this operation." He said looking at all of them.

And he's relieved everyone is seriously taking this. Even Alina who has the great possibility of screwing around is looking at the map and nodding in understanding.

"The operation will go like this. Eren will act as a decoy and we will lure the target to this underground passage." He said pointing to a place on the map.

"once drawn inside, the limited space and strong walls will allow us to contain her even if she transforms into a titan. But if she turns into a titan before that, we'll have to really to you Eren." Erwin said.

"yes sir," Eren said in determination. Alina looked at him for a while before she bit her lips and then looked at the map again.

"Are we sure the target is in Stohess District?" Alina asked and Erwin nodded.

"yes. Our target is a member of Military police." This caused a shock to everyone there...and Alina looked at Erwin with furrowed eyebrows.

"Military police?" Eren gasped.
"Armin is the one who figured it out. We believe the female titan is the one who killed the two captured titans...possibly a member of 104 cadet corps." Eren widened his eyes while Alina looked at Armin who is nervous and bowing down his head.

"what?! w-wait...a member of 104 cadet corps?" Eren said in shock.

"yes...the target is someone from 104 cadet corps...we believe she is Annie Leonhart." Mikasa and Eren widened their eyes...Alina doesn't know who that girl is anyway. Eren looked at Armin who remained bowing his head.

"w-what are you talking about?!" Eren said in anger. Everyone kept silent. He looked at Armin who bowed his head.

"Armin! What is going on?! H-how can you say it's Annie?" he said.

"When we were outside the walls, we encountered the female titan. She seemed like she's looking for someone...she let me go after looking at me. she knows your face Eren and then when I mentioned the stupid brave suicidal maniac, it's you Eren, she stiffened before running away looking for you. the only people who knew about your nickname are those who were with us in the 104 cadet corps...she's also suspected to have killed Sawney and Bean." Eren looked at him in shock.

"how do you know that?" Eren asked him.

"killing two titans required high-level technique so she used her own gear which she's so familiar with." Armin theorized.

"right. That's why they inspected the equipment. But Annie didn't get caught." Eren insisted.

"Annie submitted Marco's gear for inspection. That's how she avoided being caught."

"how's Marco involved in this?"

"I don't know..." Armin sighed.
"you must've been mistaken!" Eren shouted.

"no. that was definitely..." Armin said and Levi spoke interrupting them grabbing their attention.

"Oi, brat. We get that part. Do you have other reasons?"

"I don't have anymore, Captain," Armin said sighing.

"I think the titan looks like Annie," Mikasa said making Eren stand up in shock.