Chapter 44

Alina entered the house and then looked everywhere as memories flood through her mind...she looked at the small bedroom there and then she entered it. she immediately crouched down and then remove a block under the bed revealing a small box. She immediately gets the box and then sat on the floor opening it...she saw a pendant...a pendant her mother gave her before. She clenched the pendant across her heart and then closed her eyes...

"m-mom..." she said as her tears fall...Levi who went after her silently leaned on the wall looking at her back. He silently watched her cry until she wiped her tears and then laughed...

"I...I'm still pathetic..." she said to herself but Levi heard it...she calmed herself down and then sighed.

"they...must still be nearby. I have to catch up or that bastard will pull my ears again." She said laughing at herself and then turned around to find him looking at her.

"w-what..." she said with wide eyes looking at him who stood straight and then looked at her before looking everywhere.

"I'm glad you still kept it clean." He said to her as he walks towards her.

"w-well...y-yeah...I just got used to it," she said to him. Levi basically raised her. It's understandable for her to adopt some of his manners...cursing being one of them and also him being a neat frak forced her to be clean every time that she's so uncomfortable when she'll miss a bath.

Levi stood before her and then look down at her.

"How are you feeling?"

"huh?" she asked in confusion.

"Just answer my question, stupid." He said...

"what's with you? you never asked me that..." she said bowing her head so he sighed and then put his hand on her head.

"Oi, stupid brat...stop being a crybaby...you're still alive." He said ruffling her hair. She stiffened and then just stayed silent before eventually chuckling.

"is that your way of comforting?" she asked him...

"I have a better way but we don't have time...we have to catch up to Erwin and the others." He said to her.

"a better way?" he didn't answer her and instead, pulled her hair down making her look up in her surprise.
He pulled her neck closer and then kissed her. After a while, he released her and then held her collar.

"let's go..." he said dragging her out.

"C-Captain...what's wrong with you? it's the third time already." She said to him not minding he's dragging her away from that house.

"don't ask me, Ali...I don't even know it myself." He said sighing so she just nodded her head looking at the pendant.

"say...Captain...when will you tell me about your most important thing?" she said to him.

"Why are you so worked up on looking for that stupid thing?"

"well, I'm curious, and also, I wanna destroy it hehe..." she said chuckling.

"tch...what a stupid brat." He just said dragging her.

***************
"w-where is that girl, Alina?" the assassin leader asked them when he turned around. They looked at each other and then Armin answered.

"she just went somewhere." He said smiling so the guy nodded his head and then looked in front again walking.

"what's taking them so long?" Eren asked nervously...

"don't worry about those two, they both grew up here," Hanji said patting his back.

The others don't know but Alina and Levi are at the back following them. They are at the back of the MPs who are currently talking about Alina being a pretty girl. Alina just smiled hearing their complements...as Levi glared at them...