Chapter 85: You And Eye And Her

I wasted no more time in LA than necessary, returning to London ASAP because if I don’t 100% focus on work at the moment, I’ll focus on one particular thing that should really warrant no attention.

That hasn’t been going so well.

At all.

In fact, the only thing I know for sure I am good at is pretending like I’m focused on work but really being 100% distracted by my own thoughts and uncertain feelings.

It’s great.

“Conference call at 11, don’t forget!” Ally announces, taking a seat opposite me at my desk.

“I won’t. Thanks. I need a girl talk.” I frown at her.

“Why can’t you talk to your other friends?”

“I’m not talking to them at all at the moment.”

“Okay, drama queen.” She teased, she was all too aware of the happenings in my life.

“If you’re going to judge you can go do paperwork.” I threaten and she glares at me.

“Fine. Does this have anything to do with this?” She says, fiddling around on her phone until she found what she was looking for.

@Harry_Styles: Holding On Makes Me Feel Less Crazy

“Maybe.”

“And this?” She says, scrolling through her phone again before holding up a tweet from an update account of Harry wearing the outfit he was wearing the night he spent the night.

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“Lola, are you or are you not wearing this shirt today?” 

“What? It looks good on me.” I argue, tucking it back into my skirt.

“You’re insane. But just wait, that’s not all, on this wacky adventure of Lola’s love life as presented by twitter with the help of one direction update accounts, the third and final instalment, I present to you, Harry’s new tattoo!” She holds up a photo of Harry’s ankle, which now has some fresh ink.

“Wait, what? I haven’t seen this.” I take the phone out of her hands and zoom in.
“He didn’t!” I squeal, my eyes frozen on the drawing of a lock on his ankle. But it looks like it’s been scratched, and damaged, even cut into a bit.

“A broken key fits a broken lock.” I say under my breath.

“What? Are you talking jibberish? Have you finally lost it?” Ally asks, stealing her phone back so she can see what she missed.

“No, I just…I think that tattoo is about me.”

“Well obviously. That’s what everyone else thinks too, this tweet which speculates the connection and has a photo of your ankle tattoo and his has thousands of retweets. It’s insane! What is your life?”

“My ankle? That’s so creepy, how the hell did they get a picture of my ankle?!”
“You posted a picture on instagram of you in your new shoes the other day so I imagine they just zoomed in on that.”

“Oh dammit I basically fed it to them.” I laugh, “That’s insane.”

“Oh, look they’ve already got photos of you wearing Harry’s shirt.” She holds the phone out to me again.

“What?!” Yep, sure enough there are pictures of me walking to work this morning

“Jesus Christ do you reckon I can take out a restraining order on every One Direction obsessed teenager in London?”