Chapter 76: And The Award Goes To...

I’ve been snowed under with paperwork all week. Grandad has been dumping files on my desk every day because apparently I can handle it but I’m really started to think I can’t.  I mean, I can’t pretend I don’t like the distraction.

I love the distraction, but I also loved Matty as a distraction and the fact that I leave the office at like 10pm everyday means that he’d be under the influence of something by the time I get to his and it would just be so weird going from a business atmosphere to that atmosphere where he’s trying to write and clearly fucked and I just want to be fucked. Honestly.  I should get him to come to my apartment though so I can test out that desk I bought.

I coerced Ally into leaving work early on Friday so that she could help me find an outfit for the Brits, and make hair, makeup and nails appointments.

We decided on something simple, short and sexy…and of course, black and expensive. The final decision was a BCBG Max Azaria dress with a rounded halter neck, and a tight fit. It makes my waist look significantly smaller than my hips which I think it’s the desired aesthetic most girls want for their body shape.

The final decisions on hair and makeup were made in a panic of running out of time and having Matty calling me asking why I was taking so long. Oooops. But I was pretty happy with the end result; basic nude makeup with my hair up and a loose curl falling around my face.

It was simple, but deadly.

Matty and the rest of the boys had to walk the red carpet, and thankfully I could hide away at the table while they were doing all of that. I befriended George’s girlfriend Jessie, who was lovely and shared some hilarious stories of Matty and his snake from when George and Matty lived together. And that’s not a euphuism, I mean he literally had a pet snake.

I’m extremely happy with my outfit choice, it seems to be the perfect option for this setting. I wish Matty would hurry up and get to the table though because I don’t want Harry to walk past when he’s not here because I’ll feel really awkward and probably make a stupid face.

“Hey babe, sorry that took forever.”  I turn to my left to see Matty sitting down beside me, his hand grazing my shoulder.

“Oh that’s okay.” I lean across and kiss his cheek as he pulls his chair into the table. I look around the table to where George, Ross and Adam have all sat down, and a few other people who I don’t recognise but assume their part of the management team or something.

“You are very beautiful, Charlotte.” He whispers, as though it’s a secret.

“You are very sweet.” I blush, looking at him with what I hope is a sweet smile.

“Only for you.” He smirks, but his lips fall into a flat line as he looks over my shoulder.

“What?”

“Pretty boy sighting.” He says, using his head to indicate the direction he is looking in.

I subtly look over my own shoulder, trying to remain as calm as possible and ignoring the spike in my heart rate as I catch sight of Harry, pulling the sleeves of his black jacket down his arms and sitting down at a table about three over from us. I search the table for any sign of Eleanor, or Kendall, Alice or even Gemma. But the only female present is Sophia, which makes sense considering Louis and El broke up, Perrie would be at a table with Little Mix, Niall wouldn’t dare bring Alice in public this early on, and Kendall…well maybe he was just too scared to bring her. I wonder if he knew I was going to be here.

Judging by the shocked look that just flashed across his face when our eyes met I would say no. I turn my head back to Matty, trying to be subtle but definitely not pulling it off.