Chapter 69: Roses Are Dead

HARRY'S POV

I don’t know why I’m so nervous.

I’m shaking.

The roses in my hand are losing petals as I walk through the corridor because my hands are shaking so much.

This is happening, this is actually happening.

I can’t wait to kiss her and hold her and never let her go. Nothing is ever going to prevent us from being together ever again. She said so herself.

I wish my heart would stop beating so fast, I’m genuinely concerned by the amount of beats it’s skipping but I guess that’s what this feels like. I guess that’s what it feels like when you know you’ve found the one and you’re finally going to have everything you’ve thought about for months.

I can’t stand the thought of seeing her cry ever again, it’s all I’ve made her do for so long and if I keep being the cause of that then it will kill me.

I am so excited.

I’ll buy a house with a white picket fence.

And she can move back to London when she finishes her degree.
And we’ll somehow make the distance work when I’m away. I will call her every day. Fuck I’ll stay on the phone with her for however long we’re both awake and not busy.

I don’t even care about anything else at this point.

Fuck.

I arrive outside her door and halt, taking a deep breath and fixing my hair, holding the roses in my hand as I hold my hand up to knock, but something stops me before my fist connects with the wood.

“Ugh Louis! I’ve thought about this for so long.” An out of breath voice practically screams, sending goosebumps across my skin. No…no…no.

“You’re so beautiful, who’s your favourite member of one direction now?”  No…I know that voice…that’s…no…he wouldn’t. It can’t be true. There’s gotta be some sort of mistake.

I’m going to be sick.

My heart sinks into my stomach so fast I think it might have gone to another dimension.

No.

No.

No.

She wouldn’t.

She wouldn’t do this.

But she would.

And she has.

You can’t keep making excuses for her.

Fuck.

I’m actually going to be sick.

This isn’t real.

I was…we were going to…no. No!

I smash the roses against the wall, watching the petals fall onto the ground.

“Do you have a pen?!” I practically yell to a passer by and they nervously hand me a pen from their pencil case and I use the pen to scribble out the note I’d written on the flowers before throwing them onto the ground.

I can’t see anything, I feel like I’m blinded by the rage that is coursing through my body, forcing me to storm angrily out of the corridor and get the hell away from her, I want nothing to do with her ever again if she could do that when last night she was kissing me and this morning she was telling me she loved me and that she wanted to be with me, and that letter…like I know she wrote it months ago but how can that be the same person that would just turn around and do this to me? I can’t breathe, my head is aching and my heart is being pulverised with every thought and realisation that she would fuck Louis without thinking twice about how it would hurt me.
Fucking ruthless.