Chapter 70: Lola Isn't Blue

To: Rod Gordon; Property Manager

From: Charlotte Jones

Dear Mr Gordon,

Just writing to clarify that the tenants in my property have now vacated and the apartment is empty?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Charlotte Jones.

To: Charlotte Jones
From: Rod Gordon; property manager

 Dear Miss Jones,

As per the exchanging of emails with you in the previous week, the tenants have vacated the property at the end of their lease and it is now empty. 

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with. I’m assuming you still possess the master key, and any copies were left in the apartment by the previous tenants.

Rod Gordon.

Property Manager 

To: Rod Gordon

From: Charlotte Jones

Mr Gordon,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have decided to move back in, so will no longer be needing your assistance to find a new tenant.

Kind Regards,
Charlotte Jones.

Living situation: sorted.

Hair situation: sorted. An eyebrow wax, bikini wax accompanied by a hair treatment and having my roots done was the perfect confidence boost.

Friend situation: Pending. A text message to Niall has gone unreturned. It’s becoming evident it may take more than that to fix past-Lola’s mess. Olivia, my basically only remaining uni friend other than Linda, who has been seriously neglected in the past several months was easy enough to fix my friendship with given that she is a beautician and greatly appreciated the chance to fix my eyebrows.

Work situation: also pending because I have to wait for Grandad to get home from work so that I can explain why I’m back from Manchester and that I may need some help.

When I woke up this morning, I never anticipated this would be the outcome.
Losing Harry in an instant definitely sparked something that’s been long missing inside of me. It’s sort of like a revolt. Like my entire being is doing a 180 on everything that’s been off for the duration of my relationship with him.

It feels good.

And yeah, it feels really shit too but I don’t care enough to look into that feeling too much. That feeling can get fucked actually, I’m sick of feeling like shit.  It would be so easy for me to wallow in self pity for weeks on end, waiting for him to call and find out why the hell he just broke it off like that, and why I didn’t deserve more than a bouquet of shitty roses and a scribbled message…Charlotte stop. You don’t want to know. You don’t care.

Just because my heart is breaking doesn’t mean I have to fall apart. In fact, this is the most intact my heart has felt for months. It’s not hiding away waiting for phone calls or sheltering itself from the onslaught of pain that Harry brings with him when he comes into my life, it’s rebuilding… and it’s foundations are stronger than ever before because they’re built on self respect and self love and not on constant validation from boys…am I too old to call them boys? Men. Men, I guess.  I don’t need someone’s love to make me feel good about myself.

I need me.

I’m Charlotte fucking Jones, I don’t know why that’s so bloody hard for me to remember.