Chapter 59: Confusion Central, Population: Lola

Direct Messages > Niall Horan

Niall: Hey, your phone keeps going straight to voicemail, and I’ve probably left a thousand messages by now so I just thought I’d message you on here. Sorry for my text earlier.

Niall: I didn’t mean to accuse you and make you feel guilty. I momentarily panicked and thought that the article would reflect badly on me and I didn’t think about how bad it would make you look !

Niall: Don’t let it bother you, take no notice of that shit. Anyone who knows you will know it’s not really what you’re like and I know how much you regret most of the stuff they wrote about

Niall: you’re one of the most lovely people I know and I’m so glad we’re friends, and it doesn’t matter if everyone hates you because hey, atleast I don’t !

Niall: Anyway ! Hope you’re not too mad at me. Miss you, let me know when you’re in London so we can have a drink !
Niall: Hey! Harry just told me you smashed your phone and that’s why you’re not answering. Whats your new number I’ve been tryin to call !!

Niall: Lolaaaa

Niall: You still mad?

Niall: I really am sorry, I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. Sorry I didn’t call when I first heard about you and H. I never know wat to say ya know?

Niall: Send me your new number if ya want someone to talk tooo.

I couldn’t resist checking twitter to read the messages he said he’d sent on twitter when he couldn’t reach me the other day. He’s so sweet I feel so incredulously guilty.

“Fuuuuuck.” I slam my laptop shut, avoiding looking at any of my mentions because I know they will be more full of hate than usual.

Why am I such a fucking bitch?

Honestly think I should be studying psychology so I can work myself out.

Another incoming call from Haz. Fucking hell.

I decide to answer it, despite the fact that I know the second I start talking he will know I’ve been crying.

“Hello?”

“Hey,” He says cautiously.

“What’s up?” I ask.

“Not a lot. Just wanted to chat. Are you okay? You sound like you’ve been crying.” I was waiting for that.

“I had a fight with Niall.”

“Really? On the phone?”

“No, he was here to see Alice.” I can’t help but roll my eyes at my own voice saying her name.

“Oh, what?”

“Yeah, apparently they’re like an actual thing.”

“Weird. What did you fight about?”

“Basically just Alice.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know anymore.” I say, trying to get off the topic that I really need to deconstruct alone. It wasn’t her place to tell anyone what I told her. How could she sit there and watch me be miserable over Harry for so long and then just betray me like that? I can’t be friends with someone who does that. But I guess if Niall wants to date her, I can’t really stand in his way. I just hope she doesn’t hurt him, because now I know what she’s capable of.

“Are you okay?”

“What are we doing Harry? How did we end up here?” I can hear my voice cracking, and I really want to not cry anymore but I just can't stop myself anymore.