Chapter 75: 1, 2, 3, 4, I Declare A Twitter War

Only I could manage to leave buying a present for a baby shower to the day of said baby shower. In fact I probably wouldn’t have remembered if Ally hadn’t reminded me via email on Sunday night. 

Naturally I am frantically running around the nursery section in Selfridges picking up anything and everything that looks cute and for a baby of any gender because I have no idea what she’s having and I forgot to ask Linda. Also I may have told her I’m already on the way to Bath, so I can’t exactly say now that I’m still shopping for a bloody present.

Baby stuff is actually adorable and I’m so jealous that Linda is trying to get pregnant and her sister is already having a baby but here I am so completely far from that point in my life because Harry had to just abandon me when we were on the verge of maybe being ready for the next step. Why am I thinking about this today? Or ever? I’m so fucking done with Harry Styles and stupid photos of him and Kendall. I hope he enjoyed the photos of Matty and I kissing at the bar the other night, I’m sure he would’ve got a real kick out of seeing that.

With my arms full of baby stuff, I go to the register and pay for it before heading to the train station to catch the next train to Bath because it’s faster than driving.

Naturally, just over an hour and a half later, Linda scolds me for running late because she quote, “doesn’t know anyone” and is super bored around her sister’s lame friends. And because she desperately wanted Matty gossip.

As her older sister opened presents and her mature friends discussed baby stories and getting no sleep blah blah blah, I shared tales of my weekend between the sheets with Matty.

“Harry would be dying.”

“Good.”

“No but those photos like, he would actually have punched a wall or something. He tweeted ‘speaking of expectations…’, and I’m not expert on the tweetings of Harry Styles but I’m pretty sure that he was referencing your tweet about him doing exactly what you expected him to do.”

“Yeah that would be it exactly. Good riddance.” He’s so fucking predictable.

“Where’s Brad anyway?” I ask.

“Oh he stayed in LA, he had to work so there was no point.”

“Fair enough, I guess.”

Linda’s Mum calls her to help in the kitchen, leaving me awkwardly sitting on the couch next to a toddler belonging to a friend of Linda’s sister. It looks at me with big eyes and I awkwardly turn away from it, taking my phone out of my bag and pretending I’m busy.

Matty: come over tonight?

Lola: I have work tomorrow but

Matty: come over anyway

Lola: I have so much to do though

Matty: come over

Lola: Maybs. I’m not sure what time I’ll get back to London

Matty: I’ll pick you up from the train

Lola: Nah mate it’s okay

Matty: I want to know what you’re wearing to the Brits

Lola: you’ll know when I know

Matty: you haven’t got anything yet?

Lola: you asked me two days ago!

Matty: oh yeah, just wear something you already have

Lola: no way

Matty: yeah way