Chapter 67: Lawyers Lie, Lovers Fight

A/N: I WILL DOUBLE UPDATE IF THIS GETS 200 COMMENTS I KNOW THATS ASKING ALOT BUT TRUST ME 

I once read a story where the two main characters always happened to be looking at the moon at the same time, thinking of each other; not knowing for sure that the other was doing the same but always feeling some sort of connection.

So tonight, when I can’t sleep, and the thoughts in my head won’t stop and my heart is begging me to put it out of it’s misery, I’m staring at my phone and my finger is hovering over the call button and I can sort of feel that he’s doing the same.

Who knew that emotional clarity was so hard to find?

I surely should know that by now. But apparently I never learn.

I mean in my world it’s basically non-existent. I can’t remember the last time I felt certain about what I should do.

After an almost sleepless night spent packing everything to take back to uni when I finally gave up on trying to sleep, I pack up the car early so that I can say goodbye to Grandad before I leave, and then get on the road.

Yet again, two hours of nothing but my own thoughts is not really what I need so I try to blare my music loud enough to drown out the sound in my mind.

I murmur a very begrudging hello to Alice when I get back to the room, dumping my stuff on my bed and searching for my phone to see if I’ve missed a call from Harry while I was driving.

Nope.

Obviously not. I mean if anyone has to call it’s me, but I don’t know what I want to say and I don’t know if what I said last night was right or…fuck I’m just so confused.

Seth: Hey, you’re back today right? Swing by for coffee at some stage : )

Me: Yeah actually I’ll come by now.

Maybe I just didn’t want to be in the same room as Alice for longer than I had to be, or maybe I really wanted to see Seth, either way I was on my way to his office before even bothering to unpack my stuff.

“Knock knock,” I open the door, moving to my usual seat on the edge of his desk beside his seat.

“That was very speedy. How was your Christmas?”

“Yeah it was alright. Yours?”

“It was pretty good. Did you get back with Harry?” He jumps straight in, his eyes full of a little too much curiosity for my liking.

“I don’t think so.” I shrug, pursing my lips.

“You don’t think so?” He raises a confused eyebrow at me.

“No, like almost, but…not really.”

“Do you wish you did?”

“I don’t really know anymore. Sort of. Like when it’s good, it’s great. But when it’s shit, it’s torture. And I don’t know if I can put myself back in that situation, but at the same time I don’t like the alternative.” I don’t know where this sudden burst of honesty came from…

“Maybe you don’t like the alternative because you don’t know it? Like you’ve told me before how you think you’ve been in love with him for the past 5 years. You can’t even imagine what it’s like to not love him, so what if it’s better? What if you’re happier without him in your life?”

“I don’t know if I want to risk it to find out. Most of the time when he’s not in my life I’m miserable.”

“Because you’re still in love with him.”